• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it me or has CMC bulked up?

steven8989

Looks thicker up top. Front squatting 230 lbs is nothing to scoff at. Size isn't everything. Sure, a larger cross-section of muscle has a potential to have more power, but being low body fat and having what I can only assume is a lean genetic predisposition, he'll never look like Stew. People need to get over that much. If he can develop enough power to roll off first contact at a higher rate, that's all that matters. Let's wait until August to see how he does in some live looks with the ball in his hands before we go judging an IG pic.

5 hours ago, lightsout said:

Looks thicker up top. Front squatting 230 lbs is nothing to scoff at. Size isn't everything. Sure, a larger cross-section of muscle has a potential to have more power, but being low body fat and having what I can only assume is a lean genetic predisposition, he'll never look like Stew. People need to get over that much. If he can develop enough power to roll off first contact at a higher rate, that's all that matters. Let's wait until August to see how he does in some live looks with the ball in his hands before we go judging an IG pic.

The average NFL running back is 5'11 220. CMC is at that height and about 20 pounds lighter. He also ranked  51st among 55 qualified runners in average yards after contact per attempt (2.12). 

I don't expect any of that to improve. He just doesn't have the frame or the strength for it. College weight training programs at a place like Stanford are world class and I doubt CMC was lazy in the gym. 

I think the mistake that people make here is that they view him as just a pure RB when he isn’t imo. He’s a dual threat runner/receiver. Get him the ball in space and then who cares about how much he weighs or how thick he is. 

This team needs to find a new player to fill JStews role, however. CMC to me is a compliment type runner. His true gift is in the passing game. 

8 hours ago, lightsout said:

Front squatting challenges the same leg muscles as normal squats. Any nfl player should be able to squat atleast 2x their body weight. Cmc being 200 something I would hope 230 is a warmup 

4 hours ago, Rubi said:

I think the mistake that people make here is that they view him as just a pure RB when he isn’t imo. He’s a dual threat runner/receiver. Get him the ball in space and then who cares about how much he weighs or how thick he is. 

This team needs to find a new player to fill JStews role, however. CMC to me is a compliment type runner. His true gift is in the passing game. 

Yep, he and Curtis Samuel are basically the same guy. Both can run or catch and line up anywhere on the line of scrimmage.

Offensive X-Factor weapons that I hope can stay healthy and Norv can get creative with.

I like Cmc because he made Cam check down a lot when in the past he would just force it down the field in double coverage.

3 hours ago, BigSyke said:

Yep, he and Curtis Samuel are basically the same guy

this is absolutely false.

CMC is a pure runner who can catch. Samuel is just a pure speedy good route running slot who can win on the outside when given the chance.

37 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

this is absolutely false.

CMC is a pure runner who can catch. Samuel is just a pure speedy good route running slot who can win on the outside when given the chance.

Okay. He goes down at first contact too much though, like a wr. 

And Curtis did run the ball in college. They both did each other duties(wr,rb) in college which is a fact. Maybe  not same exact guys but similar imo.

3 minutes ago, BigSyke said:

Okay. He goes down at first contact too much though, like a wr. 

And Curtis did run the ball in college. They both did each other duties(wr,rb) in college which is a fact. Maybe  not same exact guys but similar imo.

Sorry but Saca is right these guys are not similar.

Archived