• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Day, Another WFNZ Debacle

NJPanthers12

This is awful.  Kroeger had the best show on WFNZ, and it wasn't close IMO.  I actually don't mind Bailey/Garcia, but Kroeger's show was directly on the pulse of Charlotte sports.  They took away many of Kroeger's better cohosts last fall.  Almost seems like the management has a problem with him, but the ratings are against their opinion, so they've got to find a way to get rid of him.

7 minutes ago, PantherCam213 said:

I guess I am in the minority because I really enjoy the Garcia and Bailey show and I hate that they've been moved since I enjoyed listening during lunch. 

I do you think Bailey makes Garcia more tolerable.

And let's be honest: That's probably his job description.

53 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Peopl actually still listen to the radio? Do they do it while reading the daily newspaper?

Just to make your head spin a little, I listen to WFNZ every morning on my way to work, but I stream it from Knoxville. Have listened to Mac every work day for about ten years. 

There just aren’t good Panthers podcasts, so this is my only good option. 

Unless the formula has changed I always thought that time slots were determined by market share.  So if someone gets demoted then their ratings must be falling and they are replacing that shoe with what they hope works better in that time slot. If Garcia doesn't boost ratings or increase advertising dollars he will be gone too.

There is no way you can convince me that Kroegs is being demoted. I'm assuming he must be taking on a larger role with the Hornets or something? It seems the Primetime slot interfered with his Hornets stuff at times.

6 minutes ago, boney said:

There is no way you can convince me that Kroegs is being demoted. I'm assuming he must be taking on a larger role with the Hornets or something? It seems the Primetime slot interfered with his Hornets stuff at times.

I am 100% sure he did not want this. And why would they wait until after the season if it interfered with hornets?

1 minute ago, NJPanthers12 said:

I am 100% sure he did not want this. And why would they wait until after the season if it interfered with hornets?

Yeah...perhaps I am giving Hitman too much credit. I'm kind of surprised that people on here aren't as high on Kroeger as I am. For years this board complained about how the station was run / fully made up of non Panther fans from out of state. Kroegs is a Carolina sports fan through and through and his passion for the Hornets / Panthers shows.

Maybe I'm still scarred from that whole Marc with a "C" and Taylor Zarzour debacle. 

I've probably listened to FNZ since  07 when I was in high school. Mac Attack has been the show I have enjoyed the most and still listen to. I enjoyed Prime Time w/ Mark Packer back in the day as well even tho I kinda thought he was a blow hard. Idk how Frank Garcia got a drive time show. He just isn't good at radio. What is more astounding is that he is replacing Kroger who is probably the most talented/polished host they have had on the station since I have been listening. I understand his style may not be appealing to everyone, but the guy is good.

7 minutes ago, boney said:

Yeah...perhaps I am giving Hitman too much credit. I'm kind of surprised that people on here aren't as high on Kroeger as I am. For years this board complained about how the station was run / fully made up of non Panther fans from out of state. Kroegs is a Carolina sports fan through and through and his passion for the Hornets / Panthers shows.

Maybe I'm still scarred from that whole Marc with a "C" and Taylor Zarzour debacle. 

I like Kroeger but I don't listen that much (schedule).

Archived