• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade Pick #88 For Pick #101 and #147

bobsfoodbasics

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It says Hurney got fleeced.

#88 = 150 points

#101 (96) + #147 (33) = 129 points

We gave up the equivalent of a mid-6th rounder in this trade.

This needs to be posted all season long.

it will show Hurney 2.0 is a genius or that he's worse.

5 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Get off the trade values. You can't make decisions based solely on that. If you see a lot of talent out there that you want, you better do the best you can require the picks to his get as much of it as you can.

Yes, because everyone has a great feel of who might be on the board 60 picks later.

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

Why draft a tweeter that "can" play safety when Ronnie Harrison is just sitting there and he "does" play safety? Fugging head scratcher.

even gettleman was bad with drafting strange players that we convert or use into other postions unsuccesfully. Or just players that arent very good at what exact position we're looking for but Gettleman/Hurney wants to mold project guys into the perfect player instead of just doing the smart thing and getting the bluechip starters.

5 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

For all the people who keep saying “you people find a reason to complain about anything” or “y’all would have praised Gettleman for this”, what don’t you understand?!

If a team gets ripped off in a trade, it’s always the team who trades up...and somehow we managed to get ripped off trading down!

Check the value chart...it’s basic math 

I mean, I hear what you're saying, but the trade value chart is just a loose guide, and seems a little contrived. If your primary targets are gone, and it's simply a matter of throwing darts to see if they stick, then get as many darts as you can. That extra dart could be the mid round value that turns into gold. Thirteen spots for an extra pick sounds alright to me. 

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Idiocy.

The Hurney/Rivera era will be short-lived.

It won't surprise me if the front office administration doesn't last the week after new ownership is in place and new administration will want to bring in their football guys. Hurney for sure has virtually zero chance of staying on long-term and I probably wouldn't give Rivera much better than 50/50 odds. Has a head coach ever survived three different GMs?

Archived