• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

start matt moore!

jakesthemistake

What some of you do not understand is that Matt Moore is AWFUL. I have heard this from several past and present players of the Panthers.

As bad as jake is playing, they all said he is still our best option.

I have been a Jake fan in the past, but do believe he has lost it. I would like to see him replaced. However, we just do not have a better option on the roster....with is a travesty.

We have a choice between Awful and Terrible, great! Moore did good with a simple scheme last time he was called. I don't remember him having so many ball control issues.

If the kid can throw a post and a slant and a couple smoke routes without coughing up the ball or throwing 5 picks in a game I'll take Awful.

It's time to start Moore. The fact is, Jake can't play like Jake played in 2003/04/05 and do well. Smith isn't the same player anymore, he's not as fast, if you watch the game Sunday you seen Jake overthrow Smith. We used to excuse Jake's faults because he made big plays, that's not the case anymore. He doesn't seem to be able to change his player style to fit his players and we're racking up INT's. Coaching is also bad though.

we should also be starting Kenny Moore, he needs to get the chance to get some balls thrown his way. He has the potential to develop into an explosive receiver and good #2 to Smith. Muhammed is only playing because he blocks well for our Run First Offense.

Of course Jake appears to be a QB who consistently throws behind, over and short his receivers so it may not make a difference.

So this season alone everytime Jake drops back to pass he has a 9% chance to turn it over. (133 attempts 10ints + 2 fumbles). Comparing completions to turnovers were at 12turnovers/79 completions = 15.2% to margin. If you include the playoff game last year in this he jumps to an almost 11% chance to turnover everytime he drops back to pass.

Just for a reference Mark Sanchez also has 12 turnovers this year and hes at a 7.4% chance to turn it over per dropback. Also Joe Flacco and Peyton Manning are around a 2% chance to turn it over.

No wonder I've been holding my breath every time a pass play is called...a 10% chance to turn it over is ridiculously high. Matt Moore over his career is at about a 5% turn over rate. This includes all the games where he was thrown in during the 4th quarter when were down by alot ...good luck with that rookie.

It's time to start Moore. The fact is, Jake can't play like Jake played in 2003/04/05 and do well. Smith isn't the same player anymore, he's not as fast, if you watch the game Sunday you seen Jake overthrow Smith. We used to excuse Jake's faults because he made big plays, that's not the case anymore. He doesn't seem to be able to change his player style to fit his players and we're racking up INT's. Coaching is also bad though.

Most of this season, and last, Jake consistently Under-Threw Smith and anyone really on the long ball. He can't do it anymore. Its very possible Smith is trying to adjust to that sad fact yesterday on those two passes.

This Franchises best hope, is to try to get a late first round pick via trade and ****** Bradford who has probably fallen to there with his shoulder issues.

If Jake is too scared to throw the ball to Steve Smith anymore he needs to sit. Smith is like 30% of our offense at times. Our game plan can be very limited without Smitty.

If a team stops our run game we're basically screwed. We're hamstrung with this whole Jake thing and the huge 5yr contract. Start Moore against the Bills. Lets see what he's got for one game.

Grow a pair FOX!

Tampa took Smith out of the game and dare you to beat them another way which we did. Personally Smith did little to show he is the same guy he was last year.

The fact it was bittersweet to him tells you that he is as interested in his own numbers as he is in the team. If he had gotten 200 yards and we lost what would he be saying? Players who play for the win should be saying that it doesn't matter who gets what as long as we win.

So this season alone everytime Jake drops back to pass he has a 9% chance to turn it over. (133 attempts 10ints + 2 fumbles). Comparing completions to turnovers were at 12turnovers/79 completions = 15.2% to margin. If you include the playoff game last year in this he jumps to an almost 11% chance to turnover everytime he drops back to pass.

Just for a reference Mark Sanchez also has 12 turnovers this year and hes at a 7.4% chance to turn it over per dropback. Also Joe Flacco and Peyton Manning are around a 2% chance to turn it over.

No wonder I've been holding my breath every time a pass play is called...a 10% chance to turn it over is ridiculously high. Matt Moore over his career is at about a 5% turn over rate. This includes all the games where he was thrown in during the 4th quarter when were down by alot ...good luck with that rookie.

I guess I see where you are going however this year they both have a 9% chance of turning it over. And you use Matt's lifetime totals to recommend him, if you want to compare Matt to Jake lifetime, then it is 3.8% to 5.7% in favor of Jake, be careful what you ask for.

I've been a Jake defender for a very long time now. I think seeing the bench would do him some good. Maybe he'll reset himself to his 2003 default setting or something. He needs to be rebooted.

Something is terribly wrong and we're also paying people 1mill a game. We can't afford the fvck ups. On the flipside perhaps Moore would be so eager to please he would make the most of his opportunity.

The defense has been playing well and getting better. Our Oline and running backs are coming together. Jake?!?...

I don't disagree that perhaps Jake should try riding the pine for a bit, however we don't really know what we have in Moore. I was at the game against Philly (as I am all games) and he looked every bit as silly as Jake did. I know at least 1 easy pick was dropped, and he did throw one to the team in green.

Our pass protection just like our run blocking isn't up to last year as of yet. Smitty doesn't seem to be able to get separation in press coverage anymore. Everyone on the passing side needs to play better. Other than Jeff King who is catching everything.

It's really very simple. At some point you have to win because of your QB, not despite him. If they play Delhomme the whole season, we WILL lose 8 of our last 10 games. There's too many good opponents on the schedule. You don't have to have an extraordinary passing game to win, but you have to at least be viable. Which we are not with Delhomme.

Hope isn't a great strategy, but it's the only one we have. Moore gives us hope. Delhomme has lost it and gives us no chance over 16 games.

Archived