• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MLS to Charlotte?

jbland

Just listened to Teppers press conference and he said something about bringing MLS to charlotte. First I have heard about it. Do you think its possible?

"Minority partners? I'm trying to figure out the structure right now. Obviously there are some advantages to having some local partners. I'm trying to determine the development I want to have in the community. The more development there is in the community, that might make it more difficult to have minority partners. If you want to have, for instance, an MLS team or something like that – which might some sense if you are in fact in Charlotte – or you do other things, I'm just trying to determine that in the next six weeks. If I'm moving someplace and we're doing this in Carolina, the first thing I care about is winning. The second thing I care about is winning. And the third thing I care about is…you guys are smart. That's on and off the field. That includes the charity aspect, the community aspect and how we make a community better. You win in a lot of ways, and I don't like to lose in any way."

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Transcript-David-Tepper-press-conference/f60b71cd-3e23-47e8-8c60-da364ac1723e

I took it as him saying it's possible one of the minority owners would be interested in pursuing it separately and that could cause a conflict with him also potentially looking for a new stadium location around the same time as the MLS team.

1 minute ago, Ship said:

I took it as him saying it's possible one of the minority owners would be interested in pursuing it separately and that could cause a conflict with him also potentially looking for a new stadium location around the same time as the MLS team.

This and possibly wanting to use Bank of America stadium. 

33 minutes ago, Car123 said:

The World Cup is the greatest sporting event.

I am glad you like soccer, seriously I am, obviously you are not alone........but if there was a puking emoji I would post it. I wouldn't kick a hog in the ass for every soccer team in the country

1 hour ago, 0115 said:

Its the hype here in Nashville. So im guessing its going to be Raleigh.

Nashville-smaller, less corporate, far less soccer culture-got it because Charlotte City Council was/is scared of its own shadow after the way they bungled the riots and HB2.

Memorial Stadium was built in the 30s, would have been rightfully destroyed and a new stadium built-half by the Smith family, 25% by the county, and 25% with tourism funds-but the CCChickens said no.

Its still possible but unlikely at this point.

Archived