• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade up to 34 to select Devonte Graham

yasuhara2241

He's an average player at best in the NBA. I don't think he's a backup PG.  He isn't really much of a passer.  More of a combo guard.  Already maxed out his skillset.  Meh on this pick.  (like the rest of the draft).

I kind of think Graham will make this team as a third PG. He will take the Julyan Stone / Marcus Paige role of last season. I think Mitch will take that MLE and spend it on a PG in free agency to back up Kemba. If we are talking about Graham being a Third PG for a year while he develops, that's a good pick. Graham can legit shoot and score 

10 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Really good college player, could carve out a Quinn Cook type niche for himself...but also seems like the Quinn Cook type guy who struggles, has a couple good weeks, and then sticks as a team's 10th man. 

Did u really just compare Graham to Cook? Wow

1 hour ago, jamos14 said:

He's an average player at best in the NBA. I don't think he's a backup PG.  He isn't really much of a passer.  More of a combo guard.  Already maxed out his skillset.  Meh on this pick.  (like the rest of the draft).

Well then there is no need to even offer him a contract, the clairvoyant Jokeos14 has spoken. 

I know you are still sad because Kansas beat dook in the tourney and Graham had some big plays to help end their season - but can y’all at least let these guys suit up? Grow up! 

its a solid pick. Proven winner, seasoned college player who can immediately come in and compete for the backup PG spot. 

10 hours ago, bull123 said:

Quality guy...will not be a bust

Only the crybaby duke fans in here think this was a terrible pick. Most duke fans never ever heard of Graham (even though he is from NC) until he helped end their season. 

Figures you'd bring up Duke in this conversation.

I like Graham.  He was a good college player.  His skills don't translate to the NBA.  It is what it is.

I'd rather have Malik Newman if I was choosing Kansas players. Graham is a nonathletic guard that can make open jumpers.  It is the 2nd round pick so guess you can't expect much from it though.

3 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Figures you'd bring up Duke in this conversation.

I like Graham.  He was a good college player.  His skills don't translate to the NBA.  It is what it is.

I'd rather have Malik Newman if I was choosing Kansas players. Graham is a nonathletic guard that can make open jumpers.  It is the 2nd round pick so guess you can't expect much from it though.

“His skills don’t translate to the nba”

spoken by someone who probably has never played any sort of organized basketball in his life. 

Malik Newman wasn’t even drafted. Heard him and Berry are signing with the Lakers. If Newman could have played duke a few more times he probably would have been a lottery pick. 

I didn't know you had to be a high level basketball player to have an opinion on other athletes.  I know that Newman wasn't drafted.  I'd prefer him over Graham.  Shows you how little I think of him.  Him and Berry are basically the same player.  Unathletic (by NBA standards) combo guards that can shoot an open J.

How does that help the Hornets?  

I like the pick.  Gritty Senior guard who was a leader and improved every year in college.. Bill Self doesn't turn out many bust players.. Especially when the guy was in his system for years.. They all turn out to be solid rotation guys or glue guys for their teams.. He is Kemba's backup day one imo..

And I am a Duke fan...

Archived