• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game of Thrones - Season 8

Ja  Rhule

@Bronn

Wait, don't the faceless men need a dead person's face to use? I know Jaqen had Arya's face but she may have been hallucinating it. Can any book readers confirm? Unless Littlefinger volunteered his own face and got it peeled alive.

11 hours ago, Dex said:

@Bronn

Wait, don't the faceless men need a dead person's face to use? I know Jaqen had Arya's face but she may have been hallucinating it. Can any book readers confirm? Unless Littlefinger volunteered his own face and got it peeled alive.

I think the fact he used Arya proves that it's possible.    I think there's obviously magic involved so probably can be done without.

I think if that theory were true, the Littlefinger death scene simply would have had to play out different.  A Faceless man isn't omnipotent.  I think that scene simply recalled on too much from the past and had too much emotion/surprise on Littlefinger's behalf. 

Plus, the Faceless men are assassins.  Their role/duty doesn't actually jive IMO with being a willing participate in some Littlefinger scheme to just be a pawn to manipulate folks. 

but most of all.  GOT already pulled off the Jon Snow gotcha/comeback.   Trying to now do another gotcha of bringing back Littlefinger would just be a disaster IMO.  I don't think it jives with good storytelling at this point and would just be for the gotcha element......and we have seen in other shows how bad that has gone post Jon Snow. 

23 hours ago, Zaximus said:

I think the fact he used Arya proves that it's possible.    I think there's obviously magic involved so probably can be done without.

This. I think they can use anyone's face tbqh. IIRC some of the faces in the vault area of the House of Black and White had the faces of people who are still alive. I know, at least for promotional/packaging purposes, HBO has used those face vault things with people's faces in them that are still alive.

GOT125-32x18-MAIN-SITE.jpg&c=sc&w=736&h=

23 hours ago, CRA said:

I think if that theory were true, the Littlefinger death scene simply would have had to play out different.  A Faceless man isn't omnipotent.  I think that scene simply recalled on too much from the past and had too much emotion/surprise on Littlefinger's behalf. 

Plus, the Faceless men are assassins.  Their role/duty doesn't actually jive IMO with being a willing participate in some Littlefinger scheme to just be a pawn to manipulate folks. 

but most of all.  GOT already pulled off the Jon Snow gotcha/comeback.   Trying to now do another gotcha of bringing back Littlefinger would just be a disaster IMO.  I don't think it jives with good storytelling at this point and would just be for the gotcha element......and we have seen in other shows how bad that has gone post Jon Snow. 

Agreed.  The Jon Snow one makes sense because we had seen it with Beric.  This would not.

On 2/5/2019 at 11:19 AM, Bronn said:

So I've been reading up on this theory that Littlefinger is not dead.

Basically, it cites a few scenes throughout the series that would lead one to believe that Littlefinger has a connection with the Faceless Men.

IIRC his ancestors were from Braavos (I think they even come out and say this in the series,) and he's known to be a master of information and wealth.

There's a scene that is somewhat out of place in S7, in which he meets a woman in an alley and gives her something, and she whispers something to him. Supposedly, what she whispers is "Your time is up."

The theory is that he gives her one of the iron coins like Arya had, and is, from that point forward, replaced in Winterfell by a Faceless Man (the girl from the alley?) and he makes his escape. Therefore, the person killed by Arya was NOT Littlefinger, but a Faceless Man wearing LF's face.

Very interesting, and I think even I've said before that, when all is said and done, it could be Littlefinger sitting on the Iron Throne.

Lots of people aren't giving the showrunners credit for being able to write this into the show over the span of the entire series, but if it was a key point in the ending GRRM has planned, I think they could.

I too have always thought Little finger to be alive.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 9:08 AM, Zaximus said:

IIRC, that was a hallucination.  I'm pretty sure the faces they use are from dead people.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:45 AM, Bronn said:

This. I think they can use anyone's face tbqh. IIRC some of the faces in the vault area of the House of Black and White had the faces of people who are still alive. I know, at least for promotional/packaging purposes, HBO has used those face vault things with people's faces in them that are still alive.

GOT125-32x18-MAIN-SITE.jpg&c=sc&w=736&h=

That was just a promotional event and wasn't representative of reality in the show.  I think this theory is bunk made by people with too much time on their hands.  It may be fun to discuss, but in reality it doesn't make sense and would likely cause a Glenn-type reaction if they did try to do it.

13 hours ago, Dex said:

How the fug can you have the blood of a white walker? They dead when they become a white walker? If you mean the blood of the first men then yes the Starks lineage goes back that far.

No they don't have to be dead to become a white walker.    Craster gives up babies that are turned into walkers for instance.      There is a difference between the white walkers and wights (the dead raised).   

8 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

No they don't have to be dead to become a white walker.    Craster gives up babies that are turned into walkers for instance.      There is a difference between the white walkers and wights (the dead raised).   

You're assuming Walkers are still alive they turn then? Or that they can breed?

Just now, Dex said:

You're assuming Walkers are still alive they turn then? Or that they can breed?

If you meant they are alive when they turn, then yes, it's shown on the show with the baby.     I'm not sure if they can breed or not but there doesn't seem to be a ton of them and the fact they want babies to turn kind of leads to this.    If they just wanted people to raise as wights they wouldn't have setup an agreement with Craster I'd guess.    

Archived