• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game of Thrones - Season 8

Ja  Rhule

10 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Timing would be weird unless we see a little jump, but Dany dying during childbirth?  Little on the nose in some ways.

Also watched the Ringer's hour long breakdown of the trailer last night.  The fug do book readers think is in the Winterfell crypts...gotta be something big, yes? 

I mean in theory there could be massive time jumps this season. Probably should be. I mean last season, the story was told in a manner that massive of amounts of time not only happened between shows but within a show as well.   I assume they will still be doing a lot of time jumps as they will again have to account for massive and long travel.  

50 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I don't really know. But, I think it is important. They haven't really stressed it too much in the show, but IIRC in the books, Jon, Bran, Arya, etc. all dream about things in there. I don't recall any of it being good.

It's not really part of the plot in the show, but thematically they've been pushing it.  It seems like all the promo stuff besides the trailer have been in the crypts. Could be something to it this season.

7 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean, Snow getting the throne is literally the most storybook happy ending way to end the show.  I think that would be too much of a contradiction by Martin to do then pull that.   

I could see Jon taking the throne in the most Pyrrhic way.

Dani dead

Sansa dead

Bran dead

Arya adding his name to her list

Far from storybook

Just now, Inimicus said:

I could see Jon taking the throne in the most Pyrrhic way.

Dani dead

Sansa dead

Bran dead

Arya adding his name to her list

Far from storybook

Jon is the literal storybook hero.  The ultimate good guy. 

Just now, CRA said:

Jon is the literal storybook hero.  The ultimate good guy. 

Oh I get that and it could totally be scripted to be a happy ending with Jon on the throne.

But it could also be scripted with Jon on a throne he paid too much for with his one living kin, with a proven track record of getting what she wants, wanting to kill him.

Im not @Bronn and I dont follow this stuff to the point he does and have the highly thought out ideas that he does. 

I just thought how "OH poo" would it be for the last scene to be Arya laying down for the night, reciting her "prayer" and the last name you hear is "Jon Snow"

Spoiler Alert:  

Sadly, it turns out the entire series was based on a dream sequence that started when Bran passed out and hit his head on a rock while being forced to watch Ned chop off the head of a deserter in episode #1.

Series ends with Bran tapping his red slippers three times while saying, there's no place like Winterfell and awakening in his bed surrounded by family and friends.

Also, I'm currently researching/formulating another theory that the crypts in Winterfell, The Night King, weirwoods, and lots of other things have something to do with the story of Bael the Bard.

He was a wildling "singer," and we know that singers claim to be close to/among the old gods, and thought to have magical powers. He stole away a Stark girl (daughter of a Brandon,) and she disappeared for a while. Her father sent people north of the Wall looking for her, but she couldn't be found.

She later emerged from the crypts of Winterfell, where she had supposedly been hiding the whole time, with a babe at her breast.

Supposedly, Bael the Bard was the father. The child grew up to be another Brandon/Bran Stark, and he eventually fought his own father, Bael, in battle. Bael couldn't kill his own son, so he let himself be killed. The son brought back Bael's head as a trophy. His mother, who loved the wildling Bael, threw herself from a tower to her death.

I think there is a combination of things at play here.

First, there is something going on with weirwoods, blood sacrifice, etc. There are a lot of descriptions of the dead/living being buried under weirwoods so that they can live on through the roots of the trees. The 3EC basically is a living part of a weirwood root system, and we saw in the show that TNK was originally sacrificed/created against the base of a weirwood.

The Godswood at Winterfell has a huge weirwood, and its roots are described as running huge and deep.

I think something is lurking amongst the weirwood roots in the Winterfell crypts, either intentional or unintentional, that The Night King is targeting.

What if The Night King is simply Bael the Bard's soul trapped after warging into an Other during his death? His head was brought back to Winterfell as a trophy.

Could it have been taken down to the crypts by a guilt stricken son? It'd almost be like the story of the Headless Horseman.

Either way, there are a lot of parallels in the Bael the Bard story and Jon Snow's story.

Archived