• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game of Thrones - Season 8

Ja  Rhule

2 minutes ago, Dex said:

It's a novel. It's not until you've completed it that you can appreciate it. I still go back and watch it every few months from a different character's perspective and it's amazing. The rewatchability is unparalleled. If you want excitement and action you won't find it there. The Wire is about the characters and seeing things from different perspectives. It's art not cheap thrills.

McNulty + Bunk take the cake.

Omar is the GOAT.

Stringer I mean come on.

my personal wildcard is Brother Mouzone 

but without Snoop and Bubbles. 

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

McNulty + Bunk take the cake.

Omar is the GOAT.

Stringer I mean come on.

my personal wildcard is Brother Mouzone 

but without Snoop and Bubbles. 

The character development of Bubbles good lord.

42 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

GoT has arguably converted mass amounts of people who were not true fantasy fans. Given the medium in which to do so.

Im just on the other side. TWD, GoT, BB, Lost. Are just shock value writing(with a big budget) in my opinion. They have their place

I prefer shows with a little bit more sophistication to their writing. 

There's no way you can lump GoT and BB with TwD and Lost.  TWD and Lost are entertainment versions of a ponzi scheme. 

The Wire and Deadwood were certainly good shows with great writing but they suffered from having stretches of being flat out boring.   BB is just brilliant from start to finish.

Right now pending they don’t fug up the end GOT will be in the top 3 all time.  For me at least. 

But the Wire is already there.  Awesome show.  At worst is 1b.  I still have issue with how they handled Omar at the end.  

6 hours ago, Bronn said:

I think I disagree.

GoT became a cultural phenomenon. It is firmly entrenched in our society, moreso than fantasy front-runners like Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, as the pinnacle of the genre. You see references to it everywhere now, and in other forms of media/shows even.

Love me some GoT, but with the above...so what?  Doesn't mean it's great.  Keeping up with the Kardashians is a cultural phenomenon.  The Walking Dead started out looking like it could be one of the best shows ever, and was a cultural phenomenon, only to turn to hot dogshit with a quickness.  GoT will go down as one of my all time favs, but it's maybe Top 3 HBO shows. 

3 hours ago, Zaximus said:

I'm not saying it's the best show, but there was TV before The Sopranos and then there was TV after.      Without Sopranos we wouldn't have the quality of shows we have right now, it just wouldn't happen.   

Truth.  fug R+L=J, Tony Soprano is the reason Jon Snow exists. 

On 3/22/2019 at 11:42 AM, CRA said:

GOT has to get through it's ending to really be ranked.   If they are able to ending it well (which is the hardest thing in TV) will dictate where it stands in the rankings IMO.  

This is perfectly accurate.  The way a show ends has a dramatic effect on my personal rankings.  Currently for me the GOAT is The Leftovers followed by The Wire.  Those two are simply on another level from anything else I have ever seen.  Six Feet Under sits on Tier II for me while Tier III contains a handful of shows, namely DeadwoodBoardwalk Empire, and The Sopranos

The reason they are ranked as such, despite those three having higher peaks is because they fumbled things down the stretch (Deadwood did not have an ending, Boardwalk Empire had a rushed final season when they really needed two, and The Sopranos went on too long and dragged late in its run) while Six Feet Under produced what I believe to be the greatest finale of all-time.

With the Deadwood movie coming out the potential is certainly there for it to finally separate itself.  It will never touch my top two, but I expect it to slot into the three spot.  As for Game of Thrones, I feel it has dropped in quality the some.  Even so, I expect it to fall somewhere in the 4-7 range when all is said an done, unless they totally bleep it up (which, after S7, is certainly possible).

On 3/22/2019 at 2:36 PM, CRA said:

Right now pending they don’t fug up the end GOT will be in the top 3 all time.  For me at least. 

But the Wire is already there.  Awesome show.  At worst is 1b.  I still have issue with how they handled Omar at the end.  

I was so mad at first. Of all people, fuging Kennard. But on subsequent watches I feel like it made perfect sense. Omar broke his promise to Bunk and paid the price. No taxpayers, no innocents he held true. But he told Bunk no more bodies. This was karma. Also The Sun scratching Omar's death from the paper like it was nothing truly encapsulates what Simon wanted this show to be about. The tragedy of a city, system and its forgotten disenfranchised people. Namely young African Americans.

23 hours ago, Dex said:

I was so mad at first. Of all people, fuging Kennard. But on subsequent watches I feel like it made perfect sense. Omar broke his promise to Bunk and paid the price. No taxpayers, no innocents he held true. But he told Bunk no more bodies. This was karma. Also The Sun scratching Omar's death from the paper like it was nothing truly encapsulates what Simon wanted this show to be about. The tragedy of a city, system and its forgotten disenfranchised people. Namely young African Americans.

The Wire is/was great except the docks season.  Snooze. 

Sopranos is tops for me

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

The Wire is/was great except the docks season.  Snooze. 

Sopranos is tops for me

First time I watched season 2 I hate it. Who the fug are all of these new characters etc. But it's come to be one of my favorites. Brilliant season. You get to the see the grand vision of Simon's work.

On 3/24/2019 at 1:33 PM, Dex said:

I mean I can get that.  Don't really disagree. 

But Omar was a GOAT character.  Just never sat right, seemed wrong for some reason to conclude his story in that fashion. 

Archived