• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game of Thrones - Season 8

Ja  Rhule

So near the end in season 7 Bran had 2 visions.  1).  Dragon shadow flying over Kings Landing 2). The throne hall is destroyed and covered in snow.  Also, Jon Snow asked Thyreon how many people live in the city and he said over a million.  All points to Jamie taking forces north to fight white walkers but Night King will attack Kings Landing while all forces are gone, killing Cersei.

15 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

So near the end in season 7 Bran had 2 visions.  1).  Dragon shadow flying over Kings Landing 2). The throne hall is destroyed and covered in snow.  Also, Jon Snow asked Thyreon how many people live in the city and he said over a million.  All points to Jamie taking forces north to fight white walkers but Night King will attack Kings Landing while all forces are gone, killing Cersei.

I know they've taken some geographic liberties, but how does that even make sense?  If Jamie and forces went North, they'd meet the Night King and white walkers before they got to King's Landing...if I have my map reading right that is.

25 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I know they've taken some geographic liberties, but how does that even make sense?  If Jamie and forces went North, they'd meet the Night King and white walkers before they got to King's Landing...if I have my map reading right that is.

You remember that time that Bronn knocked Jaime into the water to avoid the dragon fire, and they stayed underwater while the battle finished and everyone left?

40 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

No clue.  Should be interesting.

10 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

You remember that time that Bronn knocked Jaime into the water to avoid the dragon fire, and they stayed underwater while the battle finished and everyone left?

He and I are secret mermen like Varys.

On 7/7/2018 at 1:11 PM, Jimmy said:

The #thelastwomanstanding hashtag is interesting though. That has my head spinning.

night-king-bright.jpg?quality=95&w=650

Every King needs a Queen....

I mean, the entire story has always played to the theme that the good doesn't always beat evil.

On 7/18/2018 at 9:56 PM, cookinbrak said:

Haha, yeah lots of that has happened.  Jorah and Tyrion get ambushed by the Stone men and show up miles away on a beach.  

On 7/18/2018 at 9:28 PM, CarolinaNCSU said:

It's possible they walk on ocean floor or, freeze the water on top of the ocean and walk down it.

• 3 months later...
37 minutes ago, Shocker said:

April!  Don’t remember being this stoked for a final season of anything.  

I'm probably the biggest fanboy around these parts, but I have to say I am just plain ready for it to be over at this point.

I mean, it is the GOAT TV series IMHO, but they've drug out this last season, delaying the start when they've had plenty of time to be done.

And then GRRM is steady putting out books and stuff that aren't The Winds of Winter and setting a terrible precedent for my other favorite authors like Pat Rothfuss and Scott Lynch. I refuse to read anything about "Fire and Blood" or anything else GRRM does until he's done with ASOIAF.

I don't even know if I will care anything about the spinoffs either. Just finish the books, please.

Oddly this is the least excited that I have been for a season.  Between the falloff in quality for S7 and the extra long layoff, I am just meh at this point.  The last season was easily the worst in my opinion and while it still has a good chance at finishing in my Top 10, possibly Top 5, it has no chance at this point of upending The Leftovers or The Wire atop my list, something I had previously hoped were possible.

These long layoffs suck too.  Both The Man in the High Castle and Westworld took similarly long breaks and unlike GoT, both did it after phenomenal seasons.  While the former still came through with a great S3, my excitement had still waned some.  The latter was so underwhemling for me that I have no idea if I will care when it finally returns.

16 minutes ago, Goondal said:

Oddly this is the least excited that I have been for a season.  Between the falloff in quality for S7 and the extra long layoff, I am just meh at this point.  The last season was easily the worst in my opinion and while it still has a good chance at finishing in my Top 10, possibly Top 5, it has no chance at this point of upending The Leftovers or The Wire atop my list, something I had previously hoped were possible.

These long layoffs suck too.  Both The Man in the High Castle and Westworld took similarly long breaks and unlike GoT, both did it after phenomenal seasons.  While the former still came through with a great S3, my excitement had still waned some.  The latter was so underwhemling for me that I have no idea if I will care when it finally returns.

dang, I need to watch get back to watching the Leftovers.  I think I might of finished season 1 but it didn't blow me away. 

I'm ready for GOT to end.  It probably already is in my top 5 at the moment.  Endings are weird.  Very few great shows have been able to pull of how to conclude their story IMO.  A big task and not have it suck. 

3 hours ago, CRA said:

dang, I need to watch get back to watching the Leftovers.  I think I might of finished season 1 but it didn't blow me away. 

I'm ready for GOT to end.  It probably already is in my top 5 at the moment.  Endings are weird.  Very few great shows have been able to pull of how to conclude their story IMO.  A big task and not have it suck. 

The Leftovers is weird.  You either love it or you don't, so not liking season 1 I doubt you'll be able to do it.  A few of my friends thought I was crazy for liking it, but there's just something there that I couldn't get enough of. 

15 hours ago, CRA said:

Agreed.  Unless you have the ending planned out years in advance, pulling it off can be very difficult.  The Leftovers is not for everyone, but those that like it absolutely love it.  I will say the S1 was the weakest of the three, but I still loved it.  I only call it the weakest because of how amazing S2 and S3 were as opposed to 

Archived