• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daryl Williams Spotted At Practice Walking Without A Limp

bobsfoodbasics

7 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Don't be surprised if we acquire another OG and simply cut Amini and keep Daryl on the 53 man roster. I doubt we keep both Amini and Daryl on the 53, we would need healthy bodies for game day.  

We could always pick up Amini later in the year as no other team in their right minds would sign him.

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Actually, in regards to a multi-ligament knee injury, a lack of pathological gait is a fantastic sign of recovery.  

Here is a good article about it: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2953341/

A multi-ligament knee injury would require him to have sustained injury to multiple ligaments of the knee (i.e. ACL, PCL, and LCL). DW compromised his MCL and had a subluxation of the patella with no definitive compromise to the patellar ligamentous structures (from what I have read). If you read the article you actually sent me it talked about the importance of a gait evaluation to be performed by a licensed Physical Therapist. I doubt that the reporter above who sent out this tweet assessing his gait could give you a biomechanical breakdown of how Daryl’s  patellafemoral joint and MCL recovery is going purely by observation but i know a good Physical Therapist who could (*raises hand*). 

2 hours ago, WarHeel said:

A multi-ligament knee injury would require him to have sustained injury to multiple ligaments of the knee (i.e. ACL, PCL, and LCL). DW compromised his MCL and had a subluxation of the patella with no definitive compromise to the patellar ligamentous structures (from what I have read). If you read the article you actually sent me it talked about the importance of a gait evaluation to be performed by a licensed Physical Therapist. I doubt that the reporter above who sent out this tweet assessing his gait could give you a biomechanical breakdown of how Daryl’s  patellafemoral joint and MCL recovery is going purely by observation but i know a good Physical Therapist who could (*raises hand*). 

I have worked rehab, teaching OTs PTs and SLPs.  But it has been some time.  All I am saying is, let's not discount how important a normal gait is in recovery from a knee injury.  I am not arguing that he is ready for additional weight bearing activity, but this is good news. 

1 minute ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

I have worked rehab, teaching OTs PTs and SLPs.  But it has been some time.  All I am saying is, let's not discount how important a normal gait is in recovery from a knee injury.  I am not arguing that he is ready for additional weight bearing activity, but this is good news. 

What have you taught these professions? Typically these work in conjunction in an inpatient setting where ortho knowledge is limited compared to an outpatient setting  with more of a neuro focus.

Not discounting your knowledge but I spent 7 years learning my craft. Gait is something I analyze every day in the clinic and I know how important it is. I also know that there are many other variables besides gait that allow a person return to the elite level of their sport. They aren’t exactly “walking around” when the ball is snapped. Think multiplaner. I kind of do this for a living.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In this thread, we can watch medical professionals argue over the prognosis of an individual neither has actually examined following a complicated injury where the only details publicly available have been ambiguous at best.

Jesus.

At least its people debating about something they have knowledge of unlike what the rest of us do over football.....lol

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In this thread, we can watch medical professionals argue over the prognosis of an individual neither has actually examined following a complicated injury where the only details publicly available have been ambiguous at best.

Jesus.

The fact that the information is ambiguous is exactly what I came to present. Most of the huddle is looking for answers when a guy goes down with an injury and everyone likes to run to Dr. Google which is unrealistic when the information you have about an injury is never specific nor do you have other information concerning other parts of their personal life. No one is arguing. Just trying to shed light and spread some knowledge.

Archived