• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bitter sweet?

GoobyPls

1 minute ago, Pup McBarky said:

BTW, look at the most pass-happy teams. What do they have in common? They all sucked. People believe what they want to believe, even in the face of facts. 

Yeh I had to edit too because I didn’t switch to most carries per game— phili was number 6.

and yes the top 10 teams with highest passing attempts did not make the playoffs.

new school is a fallacy— also the AFC teams famously tried pass happy attempts in the past with utter failure in Superbowls.

run happy power teams with stout defenses and efficient passing win Superbowls.

2 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Yeh I had to edit too because I didn’t switch to most carries per game— phili was number 6.

and yes the top 10 teams with highest passing attempts did not make the playoffs.

new school is a fallacy— also the AFC teams famously tried pass happy attempts in the past with utter failure in Superbowls.

run happy power teams with stout defenses and efficient passing win Superbowls.

Correction Traditional power run game not Read Option as the main concept wins playoffs games & SB. 

1 minute ago, JARROD said:

So the Panthers have losing seasons the last 5 years? 

Nope

I was taking about this 

new school is a fallacy— also the AFC teams famously tried pass happy attempts in the past with utter failure in Superbowls.

run happy power teams with stout defenses and efficient passing win Superbowls.

Guys don’t kid yourself Dallas is one of the better defense will face all year. Kim had to start running before the running game would even start up they were bottling up McCaffrey then when Camstar the run it opened it up a little bit. Now when you only have two seconds to throw the ball in they are  playing man coverage we needed quick routes that can get open to defend against that type of defense which other than screens we didn’t have that in the game plan apparently maybe next week.. falcons will be going down their will be balls given away next week I expect a significant improvement in the offense the heat is on to produce.

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

This style if football is outdated, that’s why you saw in last years SB two pass heavy teams 

The broncos had an all time D that won in spite of their offense 

No the broncos had Peyton Manning in a retirement year. Nobody can beat that

27 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

I was taking about this 

new school is a fallacy— also the AFC teams famously tried pass happy attempts in the past with utter failure in Superbowls.

run happy power teams with stout defenses and efficient passing win Superbowls.

Yep I said that. 

The panthers deserved to win the Super Bowl when they went,  had a power running game and efficient often explosive  offense and a brutal defense,...

the Broncos had that and the Refs ha

On 9/9/2018 at 6:45 PM, GoobyPls said:

A win is a win and the defense looks better than last years

But the offense looks the same. To have “0” passing in today’s pass happy NFL is disheartening. Something has to change 

Stop crying! All you dramatic fans, go jump off the nearest bridge ASAP , for the sake of the rest of our fan base. It’s game one & we have Oline issues & lost Olsen. Go change y’alls tampon for god sake bunch of bitches. 

1 hour ago, JARROD said:

Not true.

Phili was the 6th run happy team last year, just a few spots below Carolina,...6th in rushes per game

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/17_run_pass_ratios.html

thank you for playing

when you click the link, also choose pass attempts per game to situate,..

name the top 10 teams with the highest passing attempts,... none made the playoffs

look towards the middle and bottom, those teams made it.

fallacy— some teams just pass more effectively which is where we have been mediocre at best.

This is why you should watch the games instead of looking a stats 

I said the eagles are a pass first team “pass first” which they are. A lot the eagles running game came in blowouts after Wentz win in there and threw for 4 TD in the first half. The eagles set up the running game through the passing game.

Like I said look at SB winners, look at the rules of the league.

51 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

This is why you should watch the games instead of looking a stats 

I said the eagles are a pass first team “pass first” which they are. A lot the eagles running game came in blowouts after Wentz win in there and threw for 4 TD in the first half. The eagles set up the running game through the passing game.

Like I said look at SB winners, look at the rules of the league.

Perception and reality aren't always the same.  When the Eagles played us last year, they ran on first down twice as much as they passed.  Roughly 13 rushes to 6 passes.  Two of their first three first down plays were runs with Blount.  

Meanwhile in the Dallas game, we ran and passed on first down in about equal numbers.  In fact, we passed more on first than we ran until near the end of the game when we were trying to run out the clock.  

The Eagles were a run first team as much as we were last year, they were just better at it.  I am not going to say that the Eagles ran more on first than pass, because in some games they had to pass on first a lot.  Their game against the Rams for example,  But that wasn't by choice, it was because they got involved in a shootout. 

We appear to favor the pass first, at least early in the season.  Lets hope we get better at it.

Archived