• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bitter sweet?

GoobyPls

Just now, GoobyPls said:

A win is a win and the defense looks better than last years

But the offense looks the same. To have “0” passing in today’s pass happy NFL is disheartening. Something has to change 

The Offensive line is just hot garbage. Even Ryan Kalil looks bad. So, nothing we can do. 

Just now, GoobyPls said:

But the offense looks the same. To have “0” passing in today’s pass happy NFL is disheartening. Something has to change 

Cowboys have a secondary. Or we can’t make seperation. Take your pick.

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Cowboys have a secondary. Or we can’t make seperation. Take your pick.

The cowboys secondary is mediocre, they do have a good front 7

Either way to see guys like Case Keenum and Fitzpatrick throw the ball up and down the field like nothing while our offense is looking more like the Bortles led jags is sad

We play a style of football geared toward moving the ball, chewing clock, not making mistakes, winning field position battles, and keeping things in front of us on defense and getting sacks a turnovers. Its frustrating to watch and it keeps teams in the game but our record speaks for itself. Just gotta learn to accept it

6 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

We play a style of football geared toward moving the ball, chewing clock, not making mistakes, winning field position battles, and keeping things in front of us on defense and getting sacks a turnovers. Its frustrating to watch and it keeps teams in the game but our record speaks for itself. Just gotta learn to accept it

That worked 30 years ago, its a passing league now. We need to get better

Agreed, a win is a win and I can't help but feel both relief and concern.  To lose both Williams and Olsen for probably the majority of the season is a bit deflating. Our offense struggled a bit after  Olsen went down.  He was still our leading receiver well into the third quarter until Funchess caught a few balls.  When Williams went down, our DL struggled to contain the pass rush.  We have no legitimate backup and I can only pray that the rest of the line stays healthy. 

I also feel that Rivera's conservative approach leads to too many close games.  When it's close like that, the game is always more aggressive because they're literally fighting for every possession like it's their last.  I believe that also tends to result in more injuries.  

Cowboys defensive line dictated how the offense was going to play. It would be foolish to try to take shots deep. What I hope for is for Samuel and DJ Moore to start taking reps away from Funchess and Smith. We need receivers that can get early separation if the Oline plays like this 

6 minutes ago, MikeD83 said:

I like watching high powered offenses too, but when we play our style of football well, we don’t lose very often. 

The only season we made the SB recently we let Cam throw it all over, now we are back to 1960s football.

How many conservative offensive teams have won a SB lately?

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

^This.  Running the ball and playing good defense can win you a lot of games during the regular season.  Especially if you keep turnovers down.  Also when you have Cam it is a bit of a crutch because he can get you points on his own almost.

but...

At some point you are going to play the better teams, the better quarterbacks, the better schemes and you are going to have to score points.

1 hour ago, gmonjimbo said:

Cowboys defensive line dictated how the offense was going to play. It would be foolish to try to take shots deep. What I hope for is for Samuel and DJ Moore to start taking reps away from Funchess and Smith. We need receivers that can get early separation if the Oline plays like this 

But the Interweb says otherwise... it’s time to freak out! 

if we don’t score 40 points it means Ron sucks, rushed Williams back and adopted Amini in the offseason.  

We are 1-0 and Atlanta and NO are not.  I’ll take the W.   

Archived