• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricane Florence

saints4lifeagain

Just now, JakeDel5674 said:

Couldn't agree more my man. Couldn't agree more

Irma was Way bigger last year.  We were a little over a 100 mile away in miami and got 100mph gust a few times registered

I hope it doesnt turn into Harvey that was a nightmare work wise.  We're already staging up incase that ends up happening.

Just now, ncfan said:

Irma was Way bigger last year.  We were a little over a 100 mile away in miami and got 100mph gust a few times registered

I hope it doesnt turn into Harvey that was a nightmare work wise.  We're already staging up incase that ends up happening.

I think it's going to for the coast, not so much for Charlotte, and other surrounding areas. 

2 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Pressure didn't drop at the 8 AM advisory, which is good news. You won't see any strengthening until the pressure begins to drop. It was 943. Sits at 956 since last night. 

I think it's done strengthening (god that word is spelled odd) at this point. 

Just now, bull123 said:

Combination of cooler water and land...but if it hovers and moves south it’s gonna wipe out some of those barrier islands

property $$ losses are gonna be extraordinary 

Supposedly a UNCW oceanographer stated, it will knock out a city on the coast for sure. 

You boys near the coast stay safe and hopefully most of you got out. 

• Cleaned and secured my gutters Tuesday
  • Vehicles filled with gas.
  • Beer, wine, liquor, water stocked up yesterday. 
  • Draining a foot of water from pool today ;pool furniture into garage. 
  • Picking up 1,000 lbs of sand bags today filled by a local concrete company today.
  • Outside dog becomes an inside dog tomorrow. 
  • Sit back and see what happens. 

Think I'm about as ready as I can be. Rather be over prepared than under prepared. House is surrounded by 200 or so 150 ft. pine trees so hope they don't come down. Should hopefully just be a heavy rain event in my area. Just wish I bought that generator I was looking at a couple of months ago. 

Good luck to all in Flo's path. 

17 hours ago, Jinx said:

Somewhat off topic- but based on the current track it looks likely that satellite will be out during the game Sunday. Anyone recommend a decent bar near Charlotte or Concord that carries the game on cable?  Haven't found one around the Albemarle area.

thanks!

if you don't want to go out with all the rain, you could sign up for youtube tv or sling. they offer free trials and cancellation is painless. 

Archived