• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Playoff caliber offense?

Ashor

45 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Eh, I’m not worried. In game 1 of 2015 we only scored 20 against a shitty Jacksonville team.  Would’ve likely had more than that last week without that CMC fumble.  Game 1 doesn’t tell much.  We definitely have the talent if the OL can hold 

And 7 of that was a Josh Norman pick 6.  In fact our offense looked like crap for the first three games of that season.  Way to early to be pessimistic.  

18 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Biggest worry is the oline. Running game looks alright and I’m sure it’ll get better no worries there. Recievers are kind of a questions mark right now with Samuel and Olsen out, we’re left with an underwhelming Smith and funchess, a promising rookie and CMC. Cam’s accuracy can always use some help and he’s got to learn to throw it away when the online crumbles, which it will. Constantly dumping off to CMC is not going to work all season long.

Too early to worry but by game 4 these issues should be addressed.

Dump offs to Bell worked for Steelers for years why not here

1 hour ago, PandaMan said:

Eh, I’m not worried. In game 1 of 2015 we only scored 20 against a shitty Jacksonville team.  Would’ve likely had more than that last week without that CMC fumble.  Game 1 doesn’t tell much.  We definitely have the talent if the OL can hold 

Yep and 7 of those 20 were a Norman pick six

1 hour ago, Lumps said:

Biggest worry is the oline. Running game looks alright and I’m sure it’ll get better no worries there. Recievers are kind of a questions mark right now with Samuel and Olsen out, we’re left with an underwhelming Smith and funchess, a promising rookie and CMC. Cam’s accuracy can always use some help and he’s got to learn to throw it away when the online crumbles, which it will. Constantly dumping off to CMC is not going to work all season long.

Too early to worry but by game 4 these issues should be addressed.

I realistically think we are the best team in the NFC south and I really hope this offensive strategy will work for the late season.  It's clear that CMC will be a huge factor in the offense so basically our success will be determined by his success.

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

And 7 of that was a Josh Norman pick 6.  In fact our offense looked like crap for the first three games of that season.  Way to early to be pessimistic.  

This ^^^

If anything,  I think we start to implement more as the season goes on.  We are getting the ball out quicker and Cam is buying a little more time on the PA and the rollouts.   Just have to not make mistakes.  

7 hours ago, Ashor said:

So I'm assuming you trust that Funchess is a good fit?  Correct me if I'm wrong but he's our best WR and he should have a breakout year.  With that said, I just don't see Funchess being the first option for any other team in the NFC at this moment.

Part of the reason they traded KB was because of Funchess’ development. 

To me Funchess is an NFL starter at this stage in his career. I don’t think he’s a dominant first team all pro, but he’s a starting caliber player. 

10 hours ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

Lets check out Ashor's post history

2.JPG.243d6abd728c936121638490a32ae375.JPGCapture.JPG.2b63197263d434cdff0cc22ccf3cdc63.JPG

Ahh

Anyone who EVER thought Jimmy Clausen could be an NFL QB cannot be taken seriously.

Our offense did fine, for an opener against an above average D.  Good rushing game, no INTs, as yet unproven OL.  Fine tuning will get the average scoring over 30, I'm sure.

10 hours ago, Mikey818 said:

Dump offs to Bell worked for Steelers for years why not here

Pretty easy to answer, 3 things come to mind:

1. CMC is not Bell, I love CMC but not quite the comparison to be making at this point and time.

2. Steelers Oline much more reliable, we're lucky if our oline holds 2 seonds on the first level, steelers oline is capable of reaching the second tier (LBS).

3. Steelers have arguable the best WR in the game that will keep secondary backed up a bit, and respect the whole field. The CMC gets tackled so quick because no one is scared of anyone on our team stretching the field.

I think 1 and 3 could change but 2 is not going to and thus this team's run game needs to be above average for this team to even have a chance IMO.

Our offense has always felt about average, even in 2015... many touchdowns were because of short fields brought by defense.  I'm not sure why we can't achieve the mastery of the pass that the patriots and aints have done.  We just don't carve up secondaries with  wide open receivers as consistently as they do.  I thought it was shula...but with what I've seen so far...I'm at a loss.    

Archived