• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We seriously should have traded Funchess while his stock was high.

Snake

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Problem is, every fanbase overvalues their own players...  Funchess' stock was never high enough to net more than a conditional late round pick.  He has always been what he is.

Naw man we could've traded Funch and Derek Anderson for some nice draft picks or/and Brandon Cooks

7 hours ago, Palmetto said:

His stock was high? and that 6th rounder probably wouldnt have helped anyway

yeah i don't remember anybody other than panthers fans or stuff like fantasy football outlets hyping him, and that seemed to be more on the basis of "this guy is going to be the panthers #1 WR so he's going to get a bunch of targets"

2 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

He was trash at Michigan and surprise! He's trash in the NFL.

But but but he never had a real QB at Michigan and he only played one year at WR I tell ya!

Oh and did I mention he’s only 19!!!

We sat on our hands this offseason as multiple solid WR’s were out there to be had because of what? Devin Funchess? I don’t want to hear it was because of cap space because we easily could’ve made room, we just paid Dontari Poe top dollar and use him as part of a freaking rotation. This organization AGAIN missed a golden opportunity to drastically improve this team and chose to do nothing because they’re incapable of evaluating their own talent.

Spilled milk.. players are quick to turn on us because we as fans are quick to turn on them.. but hold roster spots for useless players like Colin jones Ben Jacobs and former panther Brent bersin.. where’s the solidarity it this fan base one loss and everybody flips.. big pusssy

"Funchess is trash" , "Funchess is garbage" , "Trade Funchess", "All he goes is drop the ball", "He needs to go"..

Ok... And replace him with what? We are two games into the season and he is on pace for just under 1k yards during this "down year" where he is playing like "garbage". He will have his share of drops, sure, but you guys and gals are overreacting so much to this. He is on pace for 80 catches and 944 yards on 112 targets. This would have been good enough last season to be the 19th best WR for yards in the NFL last year. Meaning he would be the #1 on almost half the leagues teams and the dude is a true #2. 

I believe if Samuel was here then Funchess would have better stats since teams would have to respect the other side of the field. Cam is 10 of 14 targeting Funchess with a #1 corner draped on him. When Cam targets Torrey Smith? 4 of 9. 1/2 in game 1. 3/7 in game 2. 

Cam to Wright? 8 of 12. 

The guy that needs to be removed from the starting lineup for Samuel when he is back or for Moore is Smith. 

17 hours ago, Snake said:

Dude is stinking it up this year and we are going to get nothing for him after. We could probably had Earl Thomas and a pick from the Hawks. Something that would have improved this team not a guy who keeps Moore on the bench. 

First of all, it's still early. Secondly, yesterday's game is not indicative of a guy "stinking it up." You and others refuse to acknowledge the good because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Are drops troubling? Sure. Especially at key times. Is Funchess a top tier WR? I don't believe so, but he isn't dog poo like you and others want to label him. 

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

First of all, it's still early. Secondly, yesterday's game is not indicative of a guy "stinking it up." You and others refuse to acknowledge the good because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Are drops troubling? Sure. Especially at key times. Is Funchess a top tier WR? I don't believe so, but he isn't dog poo like you and others want to label him. 

Lol just stop 

11 minutes ago, Varking said:

"Funchess is trash" , "Funchess is garbage" , "Trade Funchess", "All he goes is drop the ball", "He needs to go"..

Ok... And replace him with what? We are two games into the season and he is on pace for just under 1k yards during this "down year" where he is playing like "garbage". He will have his share of drops, sure, but you guys and gals are overreacting so much to this. He is on pace for 80 catches and 944 yards on 112 targets. This would have been good enough last season to be the 19th best WR for yards in the NFL last year. Meaning he would be the #1 on almost half the leagues teams and the dude is a true #2. 

I believe if Samuel was here then Funchess would have better stats since teams would have to respect the other side of the field. Cam is 10 of 14 targeting Funchess with a #1 corner draped on him. When Cam targets Torrey Smith? 4 of 9. 1/2 in game 1. 3/7 in game 2. 

Cam to Wright? 8 of 12. 

The guy that needs to be removed from the starting lineup for Samuel when he is back or for Moore is Smith. 

I agree. 

Funchess is not necessarily a standalone receiver, but how many really are? Once we get some more playmakers on the field that demand attention, I expect him to excel more and more. 

Archived