• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mahomes is the best QB to enter the league since Cam

London Loves Luke

I don’t care who wants to hate. I don’t care if you wanna say he’s a product of his receivers and Reid’s system. I don’t really care that this isn’t really Panther’s related. I don’t care about Luck, Wilson, Wentz, Goff, Baker. 

This kid has broken every QBing record to start a season. Not for a rookie, not for a second year QB, for ALL QBs. He went to Mile High and put 300 on a broncos defence that haven’t allowed over 300 yards in 38 games. He has 14 TDs and 0 interceptions in 4 games against a decent slate of teams. 

People are gonna say the system is making it easy for him. Watch him and you see that he’s making it easy on the system. People are gonna say but, but Deshawn Watson... Watson threw for 18 TDs in 5 games but also threw 8 interceptions. 

Have at it, IDGAF. This squeaky voice bastard is legit and I’m happy he ain’t in our division because if I was the raiders, broncos or Chargers I’d be seriously worried about the next 10+ years.

Week 1 - Russell Wilson was 19/33 for 298 yards

Week 2 - Derek Carr was 29/32 for 288 yards

Week 3 - Joe Flacco was 25/40 for 277 yards

Week 4  - Patrick Mahomes was 28/45 for 304 yards

Let's maybe not jump the gun because he passed the magical 300 yard mark. The Broncos defense hasn't really been shutting down any QBs this year. He had a whopping 27 more yards than the Broncos best performance so far this year.

*Has had the best start of any QB. Jury's still out whether it'll continue.

The "since Cam" addendum is also silly. If you're only judging him based on his first 4 games, he's head and shoulders above new ALL QBs, Cam (and Brady, et al.) included. Pick an interpretive framework and stay with it. 

1 minute ago, Borat said:

*Has had the best start of any QB. Jury's still out whether it'll continue.

The "since Cam" addendum is also silly. If you're only judging him based on his first 4 games, he's head and shoulders above new ALL QBs, Cam (and Brady, et al.) included. Pick an interpretive framework and stay with it. 

My interpretive framework is greatness, I’ve seen enough in four games to know he has it. 

1 hour ago, London Loves Luke said:

I don’t care who wants to hate. I don’t care if you wanna say he’s a product of his receivers and Reid’s system. I don’t really care that this isn’t really Panther’s related. I don’t care about Luck, Wilson, Wentz, Goff, Baker. 

This kid has broken every QBing record to start a season. Not for a rookie, not for a second year QB, for ALL QBs. He went to Mile High and put 300 on a broncos defence that haven’t allowed over 300 yards in 38 games. He has 14 TDs and 0 interceptions in 4 games against a decent slate of teams. 

People are gonna say the system is making it easy for him. Watch him and you see that he’s making it easy on the system. People are gonna say but, but Deshawn Watson... Watson threw for 18 TDs in 5 games but also threw 8 interceptions. 

Have at it, IDGAF. This squeaky voice bastard is legit and I’m happy he ain’t in our division because if I was the raiders, broncos or Chargers I’d be seriously worried about the next 10+ years.

When they let Alex Smith go so easily after last season, I really wondered what the heck Andy Reid thought he was doing. I guess he must have known a lot better than me. The kid is tearing it up, for sure, but it's a long, long road to Canton.

1 hour ago, Jase said:

He’s good, but his o-line has also been stellar.

We were saying similar things last year about Deshaun Watson, but so far this year, he hasn’t matched the expectations.

This

Lets pump the brakes for a min

The kid has played a whole 4 games, teams dont have film on him yet

Yes, the dude is breaking records, so did Cam, Luck, Rg3, Watson, etc in their debuts.

Lets give him a little while before crowning him

And yes the Broncos havnt given up 300 in 38 games.   But 34 of those are with their top CB Talib who is no longer there.  And the 4 games this year, 3 other QBs have come dam close to hitting that 300 mark.

On 10/2/2018 at 3:06 PM, Khyber53 said:

When they let Alex Smith go so easily after last season, I really wondered what the heck Andy Reid thought he was doing. I guess he must have known a lot better than me. The kid is tearing it up, for sure, but it's a long, long road to Canton.

The minute they traded up to draft  Mahomes everyone should have known Smith was gone the next season

5 hours ago, Palmetto said:

The minute they traded up to draft  Mahomes everyone should have known Smith was gone the next season

Smith's a darned good QB, one you can build a team around. To supplant him, the kid must have been a fast learner and insanely talented.

16 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Smith's a darned good QB, one you can build a team around. To supplant him, the kid must have been a6j castfastil learner and insaneluo96 talentedutalented.t7b

Nothing special about Smith he won't win you games. Washington will be drafting a Qb soon and he will be in same position again

Archived