• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barkley dropped the ball before his first TD

Rhys

I don't post often, hell I haven't posted in years, but I felt the need to point this out.

It seems like nearly every year or so a player drops the ball to begin celebrating against the Panthers prior to breaking the plane and it never gets properly ruled.

Drives me nuts every time it happens. It's the type of call we'll never get unless it happens in primetime.

BarkleyDrop.gif

Looks close, but I think he still had possession when he crossed the plane. He'll definitely getting a talking to about that one though when they're reviewing the film on this game. No sense in doing something like that which could put an easy TD in jeopardy and essentially seal a loss for your team.

1 minute ago, Gregg S said:

But all TDs are reviewed so could the Panthers have challenged it anyway? Even in the still photo it looks like he still has it in his hand.

They didn't have to. But if the automatic review didn't overturn it, challenging it would have been a waste.

Archived