• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have to open up the offense at this point.

Snake

3 hours ago, Snake said:

The offense could have scored that even if he did. We just don't pass to gain yards. We pass to catch up or to run. We also bring in personal like Manhertz to block and bench personal like Thomas and Samuel because we don't want to pass. 

You’re wrong about this. We did not bring in Manhertz to block, we designed a nice 2nd & long screen pass to him for 1 yard. After I saw that play I knew it was going to be a long day. 

5 minutes ago, gakonline said:

You’re wrong about this. We did not bring in Manhertz to block, we designed a nice 2nd & long screen pass to him for 1 yard. After I saw that play I knew it was going to be a long day. 

Yup Ian Thomas would have been good for 5 there. 

More Samuel and more CJ could go a long ways.  

Making your second rounder---perhaps your most prolific playmaker at receiver---a veritable bench warmer,  and your thousand yard power back into a tree growing roots on the sidelines is just not the most efficient path to success.  It's just not right.  It's perverse!  

Yep I was thinking the same thing.  Said as much earlier in the year.  It's good to be a running team if your defense is good.  Ours is not.  I believe the best we're looking at this year with the way we're playing is a wild card.  We can't outscore New Orleans.  We couldn't outscore Atlanta.  And I'm iffy on whether we could outscore Tampa Bay at this point.  

1 hour ago, Silent Majority said:

RR and Norv are dinosaurs. Offense creates no rhythm for Cam. Run Run "bail us out Cam". Waste the downs that we can create a little confusion and then throw when the entire stadium expects it. Sad part is Cam is the focus of the negative energy in this shitty scenario.

I disagree, Norvs play calling is very good but it's high priority on running the ball isn't. It's Rivera that is holding the offense back and even some 70s teams ran less than we do. 

59 minutes ago, stankowalski said:

Yep I was thinking the same thing.  Said as much earlier in the year.  It's good to be a running team if your defense is good.  Ours is not.  I believe the best we're looking at this year with the way we're playing is a wild card.  We can't outscore New Orleans.  We couldn't outscore Atlanta.  And I'm iffy on whether we could outscore Tampa Bay at this point.  

Funny you say that but all those teams we probably can. Their  defense is terrible but teams with a better defense will stop us every time if we don't open up. 

As soon as Norv was allowed to put air under the ball, Cam started chunking it in right windows and getting chunk plays,..

another thing is we all have seen for years Cam come to life in no huddle,.. I remember the winning drive against the saints like that, touchdown in the last minute one year.

When they say let Cam be Cam that means put the guy in no huddle, take the gloves off and let him go,..

or we get stuck watching this disaster play out over and over again.

we really need a new head coach,  one that a go big or go home type,..

where was Pete Carroll for us when we needed him? Oh Jerry,.. that’s right,..

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

Nothing worse than having a defensive minded coach on a team that can’t play defense.

A pretty high percentage of defensive coaches in the league would prefer this same approach, even the aggressive ones. 

My question right now though: do we actually have the ability to "open up" the offense?

You're probably talking about launching the deep ball, and a lot of people question whether we can do that right now.

Archived