• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article and stats on wasted timeouts

Bartin

If the next play works (scores, gets a first down, or even gains say five yards on first or second down, or the opposite on defense), then the time out shouldn't be considered as wasted.

Not using a time out and going headlong into exactly the wrong play, or with players completely out of place, that's an even bigger problem.

Calling a time out to give the refs a chance to review the play (without throwing the red flag), if a call is reversed, isn't a wasted time out, either.

The author narrowed his search too much and I think it was to reinforce his bias. What happens after a time out is the real determining factor if it is wasted or not.

4 minutes ago, musicman said:

Maybe with a new OC, the hurry up offense (codes and signals) takes more time to learn and execute. I hope and expect this to improve down the stretch. 

i seriously doubt that norv really knows how to run a true hurry up offense. he's a dinosaur

23 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Cam has 14 game winning drives

Rodgers has 17 game winning drives

Cam is pretty good at winning on the last drive

It's funny how so many of our fans have this mindset that other franchise QBs are perfect. They never make a bad throw. Never miss a read. Never make a bad decision under pressure.

Here's Aaron Rodgers doing all of the above again us in crunch time to seal a loss.

https://youtu.be/lIXQy8V-9po

14 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Cam says a lot of things. And honestly I would love for him to be great in the 2 minute drill.  How many times have guys like Brady, Brees and Roethlisburger won games on the last drive. Brady and Ben did it last Sunday. I would have loved for Cam to be on that short list. And for us to be 4-1.

Would sure help if that defense didn’t give up a field goal at the end 

Archived