• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watch Thursday night football and Refs are terrible

Snake

54 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I thought I missed something when I heard that? So every swing pass that is behind the RB is now incomplete? 

Or every intentional grounding? Well ref, I was throwing to the guy on the other side of the field. Disregard where the ball actually went.

52 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, all they really needed to say was that Osweiler's arm was moving forward in what appeared to be a throwing motion so by rule it is an Incomplete pass. Yeah, it looked like he saw the defender at the last second and tried to tuck the ball, but there's no way to read the guy's mind.

It went backwards. A backwards pass a lateral. Should have been a fumble. I don't care where he intended to throw it. He threw it backwards.

52 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

All fairness I also wonder why that wouldn't be a lateral either if it never really moved forward imo. If you throw behind isn't it still considered a lateral?

Yup. One of the worst calls I've ever seen. A backwards pass is a lateral.

20 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Or every intentional grounding? Well ref, I was throwing to the guy on the other side of the field. Disregard where the ball actually went.

It went backwards. A backwards pass a lateral. Should have been a fumble. I don't care where he intended to throw it. He threw it backwards.

Yup. One of the worst calls I've ever seen. A backwards pass is a lateral.

It doesn't matter where the ball goes. It's completely irrelevant. If the refs judge that the QB was attempting to make a pass and in control off the ball with his arm moving forward at the time of contact, then by rule it is an incomplete pass. To call that a fun le they would've had to have made the huge assumption that Osweiler had abandoned his attempt at a pass. I don't want refs making those types of huge assumptions.

1 hour ago, outlaw4 said:

Looks like we're not the only ones on the wrong side of that type of play.

1 hour ago, luke nukem said:

yeah fug that play, just takes the safety to not bite for it to be countered.

What was the play?

Archived