• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's unanimous: Kuechly repeats as AP's best inside 'backer

GRWatcher

https://wfnz.radio.com/articles/ap-news/its-unanimous-kuechly-repeats-aps-best-inside-backer

Luke Kuechly was voted the NFL's top inside linebacker by The Associated Press for the second straight year Friday, with all 10 members of the panel picking the Carolina star first.

"Hands down the top linebacker in the game," wrote Barry Wilner, the AP's lead NFL writer based in New York. "Kuechly is destructive against the run, savvy and versatile against the pass. A leader by example."

[Mosley was 3rd.]

Mosley was a walk-in starter as a rookie first-round pick in 2014, the last time the Ravens made the playoffs. They missed the postseason for a third straight year in 2017 despite a career-high 132 tackles from Mosley.

Tied for second in the AFC North with Cincinnati, Baltimore is the only NFL team allowing fewer than 300 yards per game. Opponents are averaging 281 yards.

"Baltimore is playing smothering defense and looking much like the 2000 squad that won a Super Bowl, and Mosley is a key piece to this unit," wrote Tennessee-based AP Pro Football Writer Teresa Walker.

What happened to the " " option for formatting?

I wouldn't have believed that some Huddlers were saying that Luke was done and that he sucked less than a fortnight ago unless I saw it with my own eyes (which I did).  All the "He hasn't been the same since the concussion," posts since the season began makes me wonder who has really suffered the concussions.  And all this from the Huddle---ground zero of Panthers fandom---Carolina's finest!  

El, Oh El (Laugh, oh laugh)! What else can you do?  

1 hour ago, Sapper said:

Luke is easily the best backer in the game.   Anyone who says otherwise is moronic.

I really don't know about easily. There are some very good MLBs in the game. I agree Luke is the best but Bobby Wagner has been consistently closing the gap over the past few years due to Luke's injuries and them not being all that far apart to begin with.

Mosley being 3rd on this list is the highest I've ever heard him mentioned.

Also, yes, why are we voting for these things mid-season?

45 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

I really don't know about easily. There are some very good MLBs in the game. I agree Luke is the best but Bobby Wagner has been consistently closing the gap over the past few years due to Luke's injuries and them not being all that far apart to begin with.

Mosley being 3rd on this list is the highest I've ever heard him mentioned.

Also, yes, why are we voting for these things mid-season?

Also statistically Wagner is better

Archived