• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ignore.

Saca312

One of the most underappreciated aspects of Cam Newton is his work for the community. And, most of the time, it's largely incognito.

An anonymous person was able to get a glimpse of the simple things Cam does in the community via photo. A grainy representation of his impact, but one that a million words cannot describe.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the topic already posted. My bad.

12 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Seriously I don’t get too upset about sports but when I hear people call Cam a crybaby selfish me first player or “Scam” I want to RKO them. 

And another set of people who took serious poo from the "sports" media back in the day were Cam's parents.

Cam didn't come by the values he displays in the OP at random... HE LEARNED THEM FROM HIS PARENTS.  Who happen to be VERY good people.

When we were drafting Cam, I was opposed.  I thought he would be another Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell.  I was right, in that they too played QB in the NFL.  However, there are reasons I was slightly wrong---

Character--we talk about here all the time---is important.  I saw that as a big concern then and I see it as his biggest strength now.  He is a loud, tacky dresser. That is his biggest flaw.  Some of you will disagree with that.

I watched a few OTAs after we drafted him.  You know how loud and animated he is before games?  That is not for the cameras--he does that at practices hidden inside black-tarped fences.  He jokes and plays around and is loved by everyone on the field.

After one of the OTAs, a bunch of Ebayers show up at the end to get some signatures to pimp, pushing their way in front of star-struck children wanting to see Pep, Luke, and most of all, CAM. My son had a cheap Cam Jersey he was trying to get Cam to sign, but he was being engulfed by the adults as Cam walked by .  Cam was not signing every request--he'd be there all day.   My son was at the end of the fence and Cam walked past him, catching him out of the corner of his eye before crossing the bridge to return to the privacy of the stadium.  He stopped, grimmaced, and returned to the crowd, reaching into the mob and pulled out my son's jersey like a magician producing a rabbit out of a hat.  He signed it and reached into the sea of memorabilia until my son had the jersey.  He did not sign any  others--he left. 

We got $300 for that $79.99 jersey on Ebay-- just kidding.  It is in a jersey case hanging in his room.  He will keep it forever.  My other son has a Steve Smith--pretty awesome.

Archived