• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

6-3

Seltzer

Tonight sucked, from the opening drive on, but regardless of anything, we are still 6-3, and if the playoff started tomorrow, we would be the 5th seed.

I'm not trying to throw a parade after that debacle, but we need to keep perspective... Winning in Pittsburgh was going to be tough, and while no one say that coming, it still counts the same whether it was a close loss or the massive disaster that was.

The team needs a lot of work on defense... and the offensive line looked overmatched for the 1st time this year.  But at the end of the day, 6-3 is still a good record, and the sky is not falling.

Got to rest up, come back next week, and get ready for Detroit.  I hate losing in prime time, but I'm still proud to be a Panthers fan

2 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Tonight sucked, from the opening drive on, but regardless of anything, we are still 6-3, and if the playoff started tomorrow, we would be the 5th seed.

I'm not trying to throw a parade after that debacle, but we need to keep perspective... Winning in Pittsburgh was going to be tough, and while no one say that coming, it still counts the same whether it was a close loss or the massive disaster that was.

The team needs a lot of work on defense... and the offensive line looked overmatched for the 1st time this year.  But at the end of the day, 6-3 is still a good record, and the sky is not falling.

Got to rest up, come back next week, and get ready for Detroit.  I hate losing in prime time, but I'm still proud to be a Panthers fan

For sure, Panthers till I die, but this sucks ass 

“At the end of the day, guys, this poo happens. It does. I’m just going to put it that way...I told the guys, get this one out of the way, and move forward. I’m not going to go in there and beat them down. They’re beat-down already.” - Ron Rivera

Amen Ron... now you've got to fix it

Yea lets get to 9 wins so we can hang our hat on something this season before the Saints drop kick us out of the playoffs to put the Salt in the wound real nice like finishing with an elbow from the top of the turnbuckle.

Sean Vicodin and Mole Bitch actually like to watch numbers, pad stats, and chase records so they could try for actual 100 if they wanted in the dome. A game even Luke may try to get ejected from.

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

The record says 6-3 but reality is this is a 4-5 team that caught some luck 

I feel ya, but saying that is the equivalent of saying the 2003 team was an 8-8 team that caught some luck (which is true), or that the 2015 team was the worst 15-1 team in history.  Both teams still went on to do great things, and this one still can.

I agree after tonight, this team doesn't look on par with being able to challenge for NFC supremacy or the SB, but there still is a lot of football left (and hopefully the playoffs).

We played a white-hot team on the road with 3 days rest... that was going to be hard no matter what.

I agree with anyone the defense has got to improve across the board.

On offense, the line got dominated tonight, but the talent is still there

The 2003 team especially was 8-5 at one point and looked like they finally were going to start playing down to their true talent level and then went on a tear.

This 2018 iteration just beat the crap out of 3 straight teams, including the SB champions on the road.

We just got to regroup and come back strong, and do something on defense

10 minutes ago, Mr. Nuts said:

We could easily have been 4-5

Gano hit a 63 yd FG to save our ass!

Cam played a great 4th vs Philly to save our ass! 

This team is not very good. Defense is terrible!

The 2003 team played 4 overtime games (including the Double OT game in St. Louis) and won 3 of them.  Made the SB.  Going into the playoffs, we were called an 8-8 team that lucked into 11-5 (and there was some validity to it)

I agree with you about the defense needing something drastic done, but the season is not over and nothing ultimately matters except making the playoffs and doing well once we're there

37 minutes ago, Mr. Nuts said:

We could easily have been 4-5

Gano hit a 63 yd FG to save our ass!

Cam played a great 4th vs Philly to save our ass! 

This team is not very good. Defense is terrible!

The difference between 4-12 and 12-4 for most teams is no more than 10 to 15 plays.... The defense is awful though.

Archived