• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To those claiming the NFL is rigged...

6 hours ago, BananaGrabber said:

Stop trying to use logic and reason with these people. Let them continue to live in their little fantasy universe, where it’s truly the Panthers vs the World. Where “the man” spends every waking moment trying to conspire more ways to screw over those plucky Cardiac Cats. 

Obviously, we need to completely ignore the fact that the NFL literally spent over $4,000,000 trying to suspend Tom Brady due to a football having marginally less air in it than another. And of course, we must ignore the fact that refs aren’t automated machines who make the exact same judgement call in the exact same situations each game (much like the strike zone differences between umpires in the MLB). I mean it’s pretty obvious Mr. Scot. Once you eliminate all logic and reason, it’s clear that everything is a conspirarcy. In fact, I wonder what Clete Blakeman was doing on the morning of September 11, 2001. Hmmm....

I log on here very rarely and this is the main reason why. I’ve never been so embarrassed while reading online comments before. Grown men crying and whining over a team they have no offiliation with losing. Blaming refs, conspiracies, inside shenanigans, everything under the sun except their own team laying a giant egg. Little known fact, the Panthers would be 386-0 with 23 Super Bowls of it wasn’t for those meddling refs.

So you agree the refs aren't perfect and could very well mess up calls that influence a game.

Such as uncalled holding and offensive pass interference, as well as not reviewing a touchdown, and spotting the ball ahead(for the Steelers), and behind(for the Panthers) of where it should have been. Or how about not calling unnecessary roughness on the Steelers o-line after the Eric Reid hit. 

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Shocker said:

NFL officiating has been terrible this year.  And yes, the NFL is definitely rigged.

It’s terrible every year. Officiating is awful on every level of every spot and influences the outcomes of games. They’d never do it, but they should make every penalty reviewable. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

But only when we lose.

When we win, it's fair and square.

that isn't a mutually exclusive claim.....

Ive seen games where there have been terrible calls that favor us, and Id say it just the same.

In any case, the steelers game was so abhorrent and blatantly bad officiating that it isnt to crazy to ask if it that game wasnt steered in some way or another.

1 minute ago, Oldmanrivera said:

that isn't a mutually exclusive claim.....

Ive seen games where there have been terrible calls that favor us, and Id say it just the same.

In any case, the steelers game was so abhorrent and blatantly bad officiating that it isnt to crazy to ask if it that game wasnt steered in some way or another.

Officiating is awful whether your team wins or your team loses. UNC/Zags last night - UNC was in control the entire game yet there were several very questionable calls and non calls towards the end the game that seemed suspiciously favoring Gonzaga to stall UNC running them out of the gym on a nationally televised game. 

Two pass interference calls I’ve seen against Jackson this year were terrible calls and resulted in touchdowns. The falcons game where Ridley tripped on his own two feet and the Bucs game in the end zone. Panthers lost by a score in each one. fuging garbage. 

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Along with the opening game the next season when the 2015 mvp took shot after calculated shots to the head and the officials did nothing 

I have not felt the same about the nfl since that SB and the aftermath 

Agree with everything about this post. 

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Officiating is awful whether your team wins or your team loses. UNC/Zags last night - UNC was in control the entire game yet there were several very questionable calls and non calls towards the end the game that seemed suspiciously favoring Gonzaga to stall UNC running them out of the gym on a nationally televised game. 

Two pass interference calls I’ve seen against Jackson this year were terrible calls and resulted in touchdowns. The falcons game where Ridley tripped on his own two feet and the Bucs game in the end zone. Panthers lost by a score in each one. fuging garbage. 

Totally agree, there have been some amazingly obvious bail out calls that has lost us games. No doubt these games are being driven by horrible calls by the officiating.  That we signed Reid and then got no fuggin calls is not a coincidence.

I've believed the NFL is rigged in certain games, especially after SB50. When I was watching the game and Talib threw Philly out by his facemask and several other terrible calls, even the Broncos fans I was with said the NFL rigged the game. Talib came out after the game and said he intentionally tried to injure PB. 25k fine, no suspension. He knew he didn't have to worry about anything. Goodell got his outcome, Cam was put back in his place, Manning goes out a champion. 

I absolutely believe refs are told to influence the flow of the game to have the right team win in crucial situations. it doesn't always work, but the signs of influence are there. The NFL ranks right up there with pro wrestling now. 

Archived