• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ross Cockrell - Difference Maker?

Soul Rebel

Thoughts on how a healthy Cockrell would impact this secondary. Relegating Munnerlyn to the sideline and rotating Cockrell and Jackson out at boundary and slot would be a beautiful thing. 

If he is good to go in 2019, does his presence make you feel the same - better - worse about our CBs next year? That being said, without the injury, would Jackson get this much burn....knowing Ron, we would have the untapped talent riding the pine while Captain took the rookie's reps. 

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sure if Lawrence Taylor would've made much of a difference on Thursday night. I honestly can't recall a worse defensive performance in the NFL.

Haha....agreed. That was one of, if not the worst Panthers' defensive performance that I've seen.

I meant the thread in more of a 'big picture' thought....not just reeling from the Pitt debacle. I'm over that game. It's done. We got punked. Next game. #FireWashington

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sure if Lawrence Taylor would've made much of a difference on Thursday night. I honestly can't recall a worse defensive performance in the NFL.

With as much talent on that defense it should have never happened. Me or you could have called a better game or at least had the same results. I mean a top 10 front 7 should never get that embarrassed. 

Thursday was the worst defensive performance this team has ever had. 

Unless I missed something, no team has ever scored more than 52 points against us. 

I don’t know how the worst loss in franchise history doesn’t get someone fired.

I don't think he's necessarily a "difference maker," but he should be adequate insurance, at least for Bradberry. I think Ajax can be really special, with his speed, ball skills and attitude, so I don't think Cockrell or anyone else on the horizon will be as big of a difference maker as he can be.

Even an all pro corner wasn't going to stop Thursday night from being a blowout. Bradberry and Jackson have been playing great all season, but they both messed up a bunch. Man that opening snap really set the tone defensively and that's not a mistake bradberry will typically make. 

Everything went wrong for us and right for Pittsburg. I hope it's used as a motivator for Ron to step up and make changes. He wouldn't adjust anything from a small defeat, it's not in his nature.

Archived