• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers claimed RB Kenjon Barner, who's back for a third stint in Carolina. Corresponding move is waiving CB Josh Hawkins.

Captain Obvious

12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I like this move...somebody in the FO is watching the huddle.  :shades:

CJ was/is an average back with a big ego/mouth.  Barner is a better fit atp.

Can we at least be real here. CJ was a 1,000 yard rusher. That is not average. Also, did anyone hear him complain? There were plenty of tweets on how well he was handling this situation.

Where do folks get this stuff?

43 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Can we at least be real here. CJ was a 1,000 yard rusher. That is not average. Also, did anyone hear him complain? There were plenty of tweets on how well he was handling this situation.

Where do folks get this stuff?

No, the Broncos released him, he isn’t a dynamic player.  I will leave it there.  I don’t mind releasing him.

For me...Barner is a much better fit and Cadet can hopefully help STs.  CJ just doesn’t fit.

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I said fit..fit...read man

Maybe given how our coaching staff is doing things now. The overall result depth-wise is still a downgrade though.

Mind you, I won't be surprised if Barner is activated over Cameron Artis-Payne.  Barner can do special teams.  CAP's never shown up there.

Of course if that happens, then it's a reversal from saying that Anderson was cut so we could "take an honest look" at CAP.

(either that or the "honest look" took less than 24 hours to complete)

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Maybe given how our coaching staff is doing things now. The overall result depth-wise is still a downgrade though.

Mind you, I won't be surprised if Barner is activated over Cameron Artis-Payne.  Barner can do special teams.  CAP's never shown up there.

Hmm...I think CAP and CJ are very similar.  CAP doesn’t fit but is a nice backup in an emergency.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Barner is a yo-yo player.  He generally gets signed somewhere for a few weeks then he's gone.

I'm not even sure he's completed a full season with one team.

Was on the Super Bowl champs roster last year...that can’t hurt.  I just like Barner for us right now.  CJ didn’t fit.

Archived