• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unpopular fact: Cam and Taylor both threw the same distance.

Varking

Cam threw the ball from our 34 to their 10. 16+40 = 56 yards in the air. Taylor threw the ball from the 43 to the 1. 7+49=56. They threw the same air distance. It just didn't make sense for Cam to be out there taking another unnecessary hit. 

2 hours ago, Varking said:

Cam threw the ball from our 34 to their 10. 16+40 = 56 yards in the air. Taylor threw the ball from the 43 to the 1. 7+49=56. They threw the same air distance. It just didn't make sense for Cam to be out there taking another unnecessary hit. 

I'm confused. How did Cam launch from the 34 but Taylor launch from the 43? Shouldn't they have both launched from about the same spot?

2 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I'm confused. How did Cam launch from the 34 but Taylor launch from the 43? Shouldn't they have both launched from about the same spot?

No, look at the play again. 1) Cam looked to take a deeper drop and 2) Taylor got to start closer due to a defensive offside or whatever the penalty was so he started 5 yards better. Cam was further behind the line of scrimmage than Taylor was when he threw it. I made this thread while watching the highlights of the game on ESPN. 

Argue the hail mary at the end all you like, the real canary in the coal mine for Cam yesterday was underthrowing Curtis Samuel on the deep ball by about 5-7 yards.  That told me all I needed to know (and frankly already suspected) about Cam's arm.

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

True. The bigger issue is the lack of accuracy on the normal deep ball.

This. The arm strength is still plenty fine. This plays blows stuff way out of proportion. The real issue is on normal deep balls (20+ yards) Cam doesn't have the accuracy he once did. It can come back over time with practice and reps but the issue this season is he is taking a lot of practices off due to health. 

4 hours ago, trueblade said:

No, there was an offsides penalty on Tampa. That’s why we got to throw it again. 

Archived