• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer believes the Panthers will make no changes

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, arbnranger said:

Or believes that Rivera has done just enough to warrant one more year to prove that he can learn or implement new ideas/strategies. 

Rivera has some weak areas and blind spots...in game adjustments, mediocre talent evaluations, etc. 

However....A very import part of being a successful coach is having the ability to get grown men to respect you, grown ass millionaire men to believe in you....To play hard for you. 

Now, I’m still on the fence about Rivera at this point.  But I think that his ability to lead is criminally underrated and doesn’t get mentioned that often. It’s a huge factor that I would imagine Tepper is evaluating. 

Can he still learn, improve, surround himself with the right people and put all the pieces together? 

Ron definitely has the respect of most the players, but that just isnt enough.  He's had 8 seasons to learn, to surround himself with the right people, to make the right moves and he hasnt improved.  He's not horrible, but we can do better.  Its time to move on.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, if you enjoy watching high draft picks be added to the roster, I'd say these next few years should make you really happy.

Unless Marty trades the picks away and we're watching other teams select players with our high picks.

1 minute ago, Hammerin'Cam1 said:

Well BoA has a capacity of 75,000 and this forum has less than 20,000 members ... what the mouth breathers here believe has no bearing on what the Panthers fan base as a whole believes

Wouldn’t matter anyway.  90% of the seats are held by psl owners.  All those tickets are already sold. 

GET $$

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

MMQB for December 24

So, possible we go into next season, and a major retooling of the team, with Ron Rivera and Marty Hurney running the show.

Oy :eyeroll:

Hurney had a "good rapport" with Richardson too. Unfortunately, he stinks at building winning rosters. That didn't matter to Richardson, of course. The hope was that it mattered to Tepper, but here we are.

Likewise, Rivera's coaching deficiencies will probably go unchecked. Tepper apparently believes analytics will make Ron a better coach.  We'll see, but I'm not buying that as a "cure all".

Regardless, another year of Ron and Marty looks to be on the horizon.

So...who's excited for next season? :poison:

Makes sense. If Tepper were to hire a new GM that new GM would want to hire his own head coach. 

12 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

In all fairness though, Marty has drafted pretty well when he’s let the draft come to him.  When he chases is when he gets burned badly.  

Disagree. Marty's had way too many drafts that left a lot to be desired, especially when he didn't have a high pick.

Heck, sometimes even when he did. The 2011 draft was Cam Newton and nobody else, this despite us having the top pick in every round. Cam's great, but that's still a horrible draft.

Even accepting the premise though, the draft is only part of the equation. You put together a full roster with the choices of who to keep, who to let go and who to add via free agency / trades. All those things together equal the army that you go to war with each season.

And Marty's armies haven't won all that many battles.

If building winning rosters were as simple as getting 5 to 10 good players instead of a complete team, and if winning football were as simple as Rivera's " 4 or 5 good plays" instead of playing a complete game, then I could see having faith in our current leadership.

Since neither one of those things is true, it's not looking good.

Keeping only one or the other might have been understandable, but if you look back at Rivera and Hurney's record working together, it's horrible.

But here we are...

Archived