• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera Plans To Be Panthers Coach In 2019

bobsfoodbasics

56 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

I tried to tell you all.  Coaches who win or would have won back to back double digit games if not for QB injury don't get fired.  

You know who's a poo coach?  The man in Atlanta who is losing despite a healthy Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

Even if you wanted Rivera gone, you don't do it the same year a GM has to be fired and thus forcing the franchise to settle for a scrap heap coach after the weeks/months it will take to find a new GM.  

You mean the man whose team was most affected by key injuries? Naah, he makes mistakes, but the Falcons were derailed by injuries just like the Panthers.

And, what you do expect Rivera to say, "Tepper fired me after the Cleveland game, but wanted me to play out the string." ? Positive conversations in-season don't mean that RR saves his job. 

May come down to how much blame for Cam's injury situation Tepper assigns to RR.

18 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Goodbye Panthers 2019 season. All hopes and dreams are now lost.

fug you Tepper.

I encourage you to stay just to watch all the people that actually thought Tepper was gonna come in here and clean house in a few months,  turn on him like they are doing already! Its golden comedy to look back at some of those posts. 25,000 post user and a mod...but still ignorant to how real business works. But But...we are ready to win was the thread I believe~~

Tepper will be ok. Hes got the money to be ok. But wow at the people talking out of their ass based on nothing more than belief and hope. You know who you are!

52 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

3 winning seasons out of 8. Wanted to mention that again. You think that would fly with the top organizations in the NFL? Nope.

Can you imagine the talking heads like Stephen A tearing him apart on a daily basis if this was a bigger market? No doubt. 

11 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

A better coach. Do a thorough search but being okay with 3 out of 8 is a loser's mentality. I am sure Tepper can hire a consultant to help with the search. He is a billionaire who wants to WIN. At least he says he does, they all do. 

oh a better coach, like the giants and niners and philly did.

45 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

He shouldn't keep his job just because Cam is injured. He's a terrible coach.

That ain't even the worse part, what has Rivera truely done to help Cam in his career? We have road off cams raw talent the whole time he has been here. Waited till year 8 to go get coaches worth a damn to help cam fine tune his game. Generally when most teams find their franchise Qb they go hire a coach that can specifically maximize their qbs potential.  Cam would still have his stats and achievements even if rivera wasnt here. Now is the time time when we need cam at his peak, does anybody honestly think that will happen under ron? Hell no.

59 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Oh hire what many agree to be the best coaching hire in 5 or more years out of dozens and dozens, it's that easy right?  

So who is the next McVay, then?  Show me the list of candidates this year.

By the way, wonderboy choked last year in the playoffs against a mediocre falcons team, and his team looks like it's choking again.

He’s lost 2 in a row. We are having a historical collapse

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Forgive me if I find it difficult to get excited about the off-season and future following this abortion of a season with the same brain dead idiot at the helm.  Realistic or not, that's where I'm at with it.

It doesn't change my outlook for the off season at all.

I'm also excited about 2nd year with Norv. 

Reload the defense, get back to being a top defense, and we'll be able to beat anybody if injuries don't ravage us or even a unit like it did the oline. 

Archived