• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Youth movement is needed now. Let go of your emotional attachments.

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Greg’s 2019 dead cap from that extension we gave us more than his cap hit so better to say goodbye after 2019. 

I wish he'd retire and go ahead and kickstart his full-time media career.

I just don't think that foot is going to hold up. Big men in their mid-30s with recurring foot issues don't usually magically get better.

It's also time for Thomas to be our full-time starter and I have zero confidence Ron will make that move until Greg is bad off enough to end up on IR.

5 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Mike Adams is a no brainer. His age finally caught up with him and he was a huge liability to the defense. Thanks for all you’ve done Mike and I wish you well in your next venture. 

Captain Munnerlyn is a no brainer as well. He was awful this year. 

I’d give Peppers another year but it wouldn’t be a sizeable contract. He should have been utilized in a diminished role this year instead of having to play so many snaps. I’d sign him back as a rotational end and he would probably flurish in that role to the tune of 6-8 sacks. If he wants big money, I would pass. 

I’d probably offer TD an extension but that’s only because I think Shaq is a bust. Even a slowed down TD was light years ahead of Shaq this year.  Similarly to TD, if he wants big money, he’s gone  

Yes to all of this.

7 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Sacks aren’t everything, in terms of pressures caused he was really good and our most disruptive guy outside of Mario.

I have no real proof, but it just seemed like he had more "DL professionalism" than some of the others. To me, that's the ability to get as mush pressure on the pocket as possible without selling out the edge etc.

This sounds nice and dandy but we don't have the cap space or the elite draft picks needed to make all of those changes.

- Adams is a free agent and obviously should not be retained.

- As mentioned above, Olsen actually counts more against the cap if he is cut.

- TD has already played his hand and let it be known that he would like to return. For what we could get him for, you won't find a better replacement.

- Peppers' situation is similar to TD's, you won't find a better situational pass rusher for what you can probably get him for.

So the Panthers are looking at having to to come up with a new starting strong and free safety, a new starting defensive end, a new starting right tackle, and potentially a new nickel (if Munnerlyn is cut).

Not to mention all of the depth players that we will need

As of right now the Panthers only have the following players under contract (I'm leaving out positions that should be pretty much set):

- Cam at QB

- McCaffrey at RB

- Turner, Van Roten, and Mahon at guard

- Addison and Hayes under contract at defensive end

- Short, Poe, and Butler (gross) at defensive tackle

- Thompson at OLB

- Searcy and Gaulden at both safety

This team has more holes for a 6-10 team than I have ever seen.

Oh, and all of this has to be done with $26M in cap space with the potential to create up to $40M by creating more holes.

This draft is vital to the future of the franchise.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wish he'd retire and go ahead and kickstart his full-time media career.

I just don't think that foot is going to hold up. Big men in their mid-30s with recurring foot issues don't usually magically get better.

It's also time for Thomas to be our full-time starter and I have zero confidence Ron will make that move until Greg is bad off enough to end up on IR.

Retiring is almost identical to a post June 1 cut. Because Olsen's dead cap is higher than his actual contract, you don't want that to happen.

He'll count more against the cap if he retires.

Archived