• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last Year’s Draft

ForJimmy

24 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Butler is not a colossal mistake. He was pick 30 of the first round. Many of the best players had already been picked over at that point. It's hard to pick that late in the draft. We drafted a guy in the first round to be a backup for 2 years minimum after spending a first a second on 2 DTs that were playing well? Unless he turned out to be amazing this pick was insnanely stupid and I have no idea why people defended it so much

Kalil was definitely a colossal mistake, but Butler I would just call a bad pick. 

Poe, also bad Choice. Looks that way 

Gano over Butker - Bad choice agreed

Trading away KB - Good choice

Searcy - Bad choice eh

Reid - Decent choice I would say good choice. Got him for free and was a clear improvement

It's been a mixed bag honestly. It's been an average experience. Truthfully, better than I anticipated, but not good enough to warrant another year if we bomb again. 

Comments in bold. Like I said he could’ve done better for sure but he hasn’t done anything close to fire worthy this time around. 

I'm far from a Hurney fan and dislike judging a class this early. (member 2014 looked like an all-time great one after only one year). But it's looking like one of the best in panther history.

WRs normally take 1-3 seasons to "get it", Moore is breaking tackles and breaking this mold too. I've always said you do need to be at least 200lbs to play NFL(not including STers). Jackson looks like the rare exception. Thomas, wow for a raw rookie, he looks legit. Gaulden and Haynes could easily improve during their first NFL off-season. The LBs are promising as backups and STers as well.

Plus the one area where Hurney majorly lacked- undrafted free agents. He took a big leap in the right direction with a few guys here.  

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

As for Searcy, kind of hard to determine whether it was good or bad because of injury. It's not like he or Cockrell (or Poe for that matter) were overpaid. But Searcy was another sensible decision that may be considered "bad" due to what transpired.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6634/danorris-searcy

its hard to predict someone who had never missed more than 2 games will randomly get a concussion every time he steps on the field. Hard to judge Hurney one way or the other for that one. 

6 hours ago, Toomers said:

The Steelers demand winning. I can guarantee they wouldn’t keep a GM with a 25% success rate. There’s more to being a GM than hitting a first round pick.

In fact, their demand for winning is so high, they're sitting on the sofa watching the playoffs with us. :)

25 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Why some of you argue with the Dave Gettleman fan club for life security squad i’ll never understand . Rivera is a bigger issue than gm, 2 gm’s same consistent issues on the field 

Except for the fact they are not similar by any measure. 

50-29-1

or 

20-28

what’s similar about those records? 

4 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

It was never smart to sign him. Injury prone and awful when he played for the vikes minus his rookie season. Literally threw a bunch of money at him bc his bro said to even though pro bowl LT Andrew whitworth was avaible 

Of course it wasn’t a good idea. And a majority of this board knew it. I think my exact words were...”This is a dark day in Panthers history”. So not every decision can be explained away by stating “hindsight”.  

But only Hurney gets the Hindsight Defense. 

18 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Except for the fact they are not similar by any measure. 

50-29-1

or 

20-28

what’s similar about those records? 

A hit dog will holla

in my Shannon Sharpe voice, skip will you tell the people at home what years you compiled 20-28 record from? *sniffs*

Same poster in every thread that mentions hurney bringing dg into every single discussion, we get it you don’t like hurney, but your god dg is gm for another team, so his genu force defense team can jump ship to the ny giants instead of turning any meniscal praise of hurney into a teken 7 dg vs hurney debate that no one is interested in  

25 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Of course it wasn’t a good idea. And a majority of this board knew it. I think my exact words were...”This is a dark day in Panthers history”. So not every decision can be explained away by stating “hindsight”.  

But only Hurney gets the Hindsight Defense. 

Now you know what a stupid financial decision is, Einstein. 

Bravo! Maybe you're not as daft as you've displayed in this thread. Then again...

Archived