• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much longer is our Super Bowl window?

Crazydounut

We have lived in under-performance longer than not.  I dont even care superbowl. Like most ( maybe not on this board, but MOST) Panther fans care that we have a team to root for. There are transplants to the Carolinas, and there are fans just because of Cam....but the REAL fans care because we have a team to represent our region. That alone is enough! 

To be honest, i actually enjoyed our team more when we didnt have a superstar quarterback. It was nice in those days to be surprised we won a game.  Now however this forum and fan base expects it! We are like the poor southern version of the Patriots. Our fans expect wins because of Cam....but they don't come because Cam isnt Brady, and our coach isnt that mofo i don't even want to google to spell correctly. 

I cant say our window is gone because damn...look at the Qb's and players in these playoffs. They were no names more or less (Patriots team aside) until the playoffs. If anything, this season proved that any player can shine and come on at any time. 

Who would have thought LA had a Superbowl window this time last year? Noone except homers and investors. Same thing for KC. Who would have thought it? That poo happened though. The NFL is gonna have to adapt to changing times. The game is moving away from talent and more into "performance".

Eh, I have no faith in Ron or Marty at this point, so I'm going to say closed until we move on from both.

But that won't really matter, unless Cam's throwing shoulder is in good shape, or can return to form.

If not, we have at least 3-4 more seasons of floundering while we try to build a winning roster again.

The big unknown is the division, like all NFL teams not named the Patriots.  If Brees retires, and he should, and Jameis is who we al think he is, then Atlanta is our only major foe in the division after this year or next.  But who the hell knows?

21 hours ago, Crazydounut said:

I just wanted to bring this topic up because 2 of our cornerstones are getting a bit older (Cam and Luke are both close to 30) Luke showed a bit of regression this year (probably more on the front 4 but he wasn't as dynamic this season). And Cam's shoulder is probably never gonna be the same like it was again. (He is going on 30 next season.) How much longer do we have to win with Luke and Cam?

There never was one.  RR would be out maneuvered by any coach he meets in there.  He'll be gone after next season.

9 minutes ago, Thelt said:

We were 6-2 and beat some eventual playoff teams along the way.  It was working under Ron and Turner.  I think it would have only gotten better as the team learned the new offense.  If not for Cam getting hurt I think this would have been 12 win season.  We would have been top seed in the wild card at the least.  No team can compete once it loses its franchise QB.  You think the Pats go back without Brady?  Not a chance. 

If Cam can get healthy before the season starts then I see no reason to make any big changes.  I would consider getting a  different DC since Washington struggled last season but that is about it.  Try to draft well and be smart with free agents, etc.

True.

Just ask Nick Foles.

12 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

We have neither of those things

I think Newton was playing great before his shoulder became a problem

his was definitely on pace to throw 30 plus Tds a low number of ints and his highest comp% for 2018

just have to hope he can get healthy and continue to play at a high level

7 hours ago, coralreefer_1 said:

We have lived in under-performance longer than not.  I dont even care superbowl. Like most ( maybe not on this board, but MOST) Panther fans care that we have a team to root for. There are transplants to the Carolinas, and there are fans just because of Cam....but the REAL fans care because we have a team to represent our region. That alone is enough! 

To be honest, i actually enjoyed our team more when we didnt have a superstar quarterback. It was nice in those days to be surprised we won a game.  Now however this forum and fan base expects it! We are like the poor southern version of the Patriots. Our fans expect wins because of Cam....but they don't come because Cam isnt Brady, and our coach isnt that mofo i don't even want to google to spell correctly. 

I cant say our window is gone because damn...look at the Qb's and players in these playoffs. They were no names more or less (Patriots team aside) until the playoffs. If anything, this season proved that any player can shine and come on at any time. 

Who would have thought LA had a Superbowl window this time last year? Noone except homers and investors. Same thing for KC. Who would have thought it? That poo happened though. The NFL is gonna have to adapt to changing times. The game is moving away from talent and more into "performance".

The Rams were gifted this trip to the Super Bowl.  

3 hours ago, Palmetto said:

I think Newton was playing great before his shoulder became a problem

his was definitely on pace to throw 30 plus Tds a low number of ints and his highest comp% for 2018

just have to hope he can get healthy and continue to play at a high level

Hope is not a reliable strategy 

Archived