• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hate to say this but...

KillaCamNewton

5 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

These players don't owe the team anything once their contracts expire or are terminated.  Who cares?  The "loyalty" mentality the previous owner had led to the team becoming a nursing home in cap hell.

Won't deny all that, but that doesn't stop fans from feeling betrayed.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Won't deny all that, but that doesn't stop fans from feeling betrayed.

If he went and played 2 or 3 years with the Saints how would it affect your thinking as to consideration for the Ring of Honor with the Panthers?   (assumes you think he is a viable candidate, I do not)

20 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

If he went and played 2 or 3 years with the Saints how would it affect your thinking as to consideration for the Ring of Honor with the Panthers?   (assumes you think he is a viable candidate, I do not)

I would be fine with him not being in the ring of honor if he plays 2 or more years in NOLA. (Altho Carolina are the ones who let him go so idk. Would have to think long and hard about it.)

1 hour ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Seriously doubt he goes to one of our biggest rivals. He wouldn't do that to us

That he wouldn't do that to us card flew out the window the moment him and his family processed that he wouldn't be back. 

Family wise, Atlanta makes the most sense. He can finish up in the state it all started for him and he wouldn't be far from his family. 

37 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

TD is going in the ROH, period. Plenty of great players end up playing the final years of their career elsewhere than where they were great. Joe Montana is a 49er, but he finished in KC. Emmitt Smith is a Cowboy, but he finished in Arizona. Brett Favre is a Packer, but he finished in Minnesota. Steve Smith is a Panther, but he finished in Baltimore. Reggie White is a Packer but he finished in Carolina.

If that Favre/Packers hatchet got buried from both sides, anything can be mended. That was an ugly one with the Packers trading him to the Jets to block him from Minnesota only for Favre to end up there anyway and have a great season.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fair point.

But there's also the sh-tstorm of "you let one of our most loved players go and now he's playing for the Saints!!!"

That's on the team, not the player. I was all for bringing TD back for another year on a team friendly deal and letting Shaq walk to free up that nearly $10M in cap. I'd still rather have TD at say $3M than Shaq at $9M+.

Archived