• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And they are still crying!

usmcpanthers

2 hours ago, Ship said:

I hope this loss has the effect of a super bowl loss hangover for them. Let them crumble next year.

Brees is owed 33 mil next year, they traded away their 1st, 3rd & 4th round picks for 2019. Going to be an interesting offseason for the Saints, for all the teams in the NFC south, actually.  

8 hours ago, falconidae said:

Brees is owed 33 mil next year, they traded away their 1st, 3rd & 4th round picks for 2019. Going to be an interesting offseason for the Saints, for all the teams in the NFC south, actually.  

NFC South should be wide open next season. Arians is a terrific coach, New Orleans is still gonna be at the very least average, Atlanta when healthy is a good team, and then if we have a good offseason we should be a super bowl contender (this includes a healthy Cam)

16 hours ago, musicman said:

I didn't realize there were 4 no calls (pictured above) for the Saints. Yes, they STILL had a chance to stop them and then score in OT. Bad bad call, but not the final difference IMO.

i tallied nine the entire game before i got too drunk to keep track

I get that it is the Saints and we don't like them, but this was a very very bad call and one that put a team in the Super Bowl that should not be there.  People are kidding themselves if they think their team, whoever that team is, would be reacting any differently.  

18 minutes ago, usmcpanthers said:

Wonder where this video has been hiding. Proof the ball was tipped at the line of scrimmage, which means the NFL got it right. All of this is for nothing bu hahaha

Awesome!  Thanks.  Guess the league will have to come out and apologize to the refs for doubting the call.  Suck it Saints!

Interesting.  I've looked at it several times and I can't tell, but the DT's hand is certainly in a position to tip the pass, and the ball does wobble a little after it passed his outstretched hand.  What I can't tell is if it was wobbling before that because it was in the air for such a short amount of time before then.

There are still a couple of questions, though.  First, did the umpire signal that it was tipped?  I can see the referee in the video and he is not signalling it was a tipped ball.  If not, when the back judge didn't throw the flag, it was not because he thought it was tipped.  He may have gotten it right by accident.  Second, the helmet to helmet hit that triggered the fine would still have been a personal foul and still would have been an automatic first down.  It would not be the worst helmet to helmet hit on record, but it was enough to draw a fine.

So, they would still be crying about it.  Then again, even if the umpire did signal a tipped ball, was correct, and the league retracted it's head to head fine and reversed that finding, they would still be screaming that it was the worst call EVEH!

15 hours ago, falconidae said:

I think this is where a lot of the Saints angst comes from, knowing they invested heavily in a "win now" strategy and came up short.

8 hours ago, jtm said:

I get that it is the Saints and we don't like them, but this was a very very bad call and one that put a team in the Super Bowl that should not be there.  People are kidding themselves if they think their team, whoever that team is, would be reacting any differently.  

Saints had a 13-0  lead in the first half, had a 20-10 4th quarter lead, had a 3 point lead with a minute & half left and the ball first in OT.   If you're really the best team, you don't let it be tied late 4th quarter where one play changes things. And you take advantage of the opportunities to score and put the game away.

If you watch the video a few posts up, you'll see hands to the face by a Saints Olineman to the left of Brees and another one holding to his right. Best Saints  should have gotten was off setting penalties.

Other angles show clearly the ball wasn't tipped- the Rams beat writer just put that video up to tweak the Saints fans.

Saints had the ball at the Rams 13 with 1:58 left in regulation. They ran 4 plays, kicked a FG and kicked the ball to the Rams with 1.26 left and a timeout. Ran off 32 seconds in 4 plays, left the Rams with a TO. The two incomplete passes saved at least a minute for the Rams plus the TO. That's some incredibly stupid playcalling. Call 3 run plays, kick a FG, go up by 3 with 30 seconds left and no TOs for the Rams.

Saints blew 3 different leads and the blew the playcalling at the end of the game, they didn't deserve to win.

9 hours ago, jtm said:

What? Yes it was evident that it was a penalty, but so many more were too. It wasn't the end of the game. Play better defense and no turnover you still win. They lost the game and putting it on that 1 call did not decide the game. They blew it. The whole entire game refs turned their heads plenty of times in their favor. Game should not have been that close. The right team won. Not being biased its just the truth. I wished Panthers could have overcame the refs in our AN, but of course they have MC Vay and not Shula and Ron.

Archived