• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julius Peppers Announces Retirement

Jesse

27 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

was hoping he would go another year.  Will definately miss him, hope he enjoys retirement.

I don't think the Panthers were going to bring it back if he did.

Writing was on the wall when you saw they weren't bringing Thomas Davis back.

6 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

peppers was a great player and deserves the hall of fame

if you think he was giving everything he had, especially after 2005, you're lying to yourself. jenkins left because of it, and buckner has basically come out and said it several times. 

this is just history. lots of you are going to get pissy about this, but if you were following the team in the late 2000s and posted here, every other thread was about peppers taking plays off and dancing with the offensive tackle

I remember those days :/

His work ethic really went to poo around 2007. You’d also be lying if you said he still wasn’t one of the best players on the field even with half assed effort 

Just now, joeyxfresco said:

I remember those days :/

His work ethic really went to poo around 2007. You’d also be lying if you said he still wasn’t one of the best players on the field even with half assed effort 

in 2007? he absolutely was not. 

but beason always flashed more on the field than peppers did. but sure peppers was better than the tyler braytons and kemoeatus of the world. 

to be fair, if you go to the bears forums right now this thread is probably even harsher on him. he's generally considered a massive bust there.

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

but beason always flashed more on the field than peppers did. but sure peppers was better than the tyler braytons and kemoeatus of the world. 

to be fair, if you go to the bears forums right now this thread is probably even harsher on him. he's generally considered a massive bust there.

My memory on it is a little foggy but I remember some fans souring up on him the year after we fell short of making the super bowl

22 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

mills, smith, nor davis ever took a whole season off to force a trade.

No, instead Thomas Davis was a drama queen who got the best GM in panthers history fired. He went back on his word on every single thing he said over a 4 year span. Steve Smith demanded trades and punched teammates. He threw rookies like keary Colbert, jimmy clausen, and cam under the bus. He also went on a rampage of bashing the team for a couple of years. I have nothing bad to say about Sam mills.

spar me on the Julius peppers leaving Charlotte story. It didn’t help when morons with half the talent like Jon beason would go on local radio and throw Julius under the bus. Or when creepy sexual harassing owners blindsides Julius publicly demanding he be more of a vocal leader when that isn’t the type of person he is.

9 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

As I recall, his departure came after Beason and someone else kind of called him out on the radio the day after a crazy performance by Jared Allen.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

As I recall, his departure came after Beason and someone else kind of called him out on the radio the day after a crazy performance by Jared Allen.

This is accurate. Beason is a moron. He went on wfnz and started talking about how peppers should be mor like Allen.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think the Panthers were going to bring it back if he did.

Writing was on the wall when you saw they weren't bringing Thomas Davis back.

I knew when Davis wasnt being signed, Peppers was gone too. This is the year of the Veterans not returning.

Archived