• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC, not Cam, is the face of the Franchise

Hotsauce

9 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

You see him everywhere now. CMC is now the face of the franchise.  Not to mention he is an absolute stud.

Buckle up, because I am going to speak some truth. Disclaimer, I am a Cam fan, true and true.

Cam has been a lightning rod for criticism even before he hit the league.  Maybe it’s because he came from the SEC, and he plays in SEC country. He is very eccentric in the way he talks, dresses, and acts.  He is an odd dude (not that that’s a bad thing).  He has made some questionable comments which have gotten him in trouble, and he spent his first couple of seasons pouting at the mic after losing games.  

These are all things we, as fans, put up with and see beyond.  Again, most of the knocks he gets from people outside of the Panthers org/fan base are just because they don’t understand/accept him.

This thread isnt about trashing Cam, because I stand behind him.  Its an observation that our QB, in the prime of his career, has taken the back seat in regards to being the face of the Panthers.

Is it a good thing? Does it take pressure off him (he has carried a lot on his shoulders)?  Is it a bad thing?  He seems to relish as the center of attention.  I don’t know!  What I do know is I’m happy to have both of these guys.

Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif

13 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

You see him everywhere now. CMC is now the face of the franchise.  Not to mention he is an absolute stud.

Buckle up, because I am going to speak some truth. Disclaimer, I am a Cam fan, true and true.

Cam has been a lightning rod for criticism even before he hit the league.  Maybe it’s because he came from the SEC, and he plays in SEC country. He is very eccentric in the way he talks, dresses, and acts.  He is an odd dude (not that that’s a bad thing).  He has made some questionable comments which have gotten him in trouble, and he spent his first couple of seasons pouting at the mic after losing games.  

These are all things we, as fans, put up with and see beyond.  Again, most of the knocks he gets from people outside of the Panthers org/fan base are just because they don’t understand/accept him.

This thread isnt about trashing Cam, because I stand behind him.  Its an observation that our QB, in the prime of his career, has taken the back seat in regards to being the face of the Panthers.

Is it a good thing? Does it take pressure off him (he has carried a lot on his shoulders)?  Is it a bad thing?  He seems to relish as the center of attention.  I don’t know!  What I do know is I’m happy to have both of these guys.

Yeah I seen CMC everywhere during Superbowl weekend. Everywhere I seen him the main topic of conversation was about Cam Newton's health.

Cam Newton will be the face of the franchise until he leaves or gets traded. You can't outshine the most important position in football. CMC will get his turn eventually just not now.

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Mccaffrey was asked about Cam all last week in every single interview he did LOL.

Exactly what I just posted.lol

I felt bad for the guy honestly, people didn't even care to talk to him about his great season. Cam like it or not is just more controversial and the media likes to talk about him Nationally. The only reason the Panthers make the Nat'l media is something to do with Cam.

Luke doesn't even get much Nat'l attention from the media, and he has been the best LB in the NFL for several years.

CMC has had virtually no prime time or Playoff exposure. To boot he played in the Pac-12 and most SEC fans were sleeping when he was featured at Stanford in prime time. 

The average NFL fans' first thought of the Panthers is how awesome it was when the Broncos fouled Cam Newton repeatedly all the while receiving no penalties.

I get furious every time I see this shyt. Of course, Ron Rivera and the Panthers are partially to blame for abusing a talent like Cam Newton for nearly a decade with their college based read option disaster. It will be such a waste if Cam can't return to form. Rivera is the disease, Cam is the symptom. Tepper is now culpable.

Archived