• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Garrett Bradbury should be our 1st round pick

Khyber53

We need to go ahead and grab Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State with our first pick. He's being touted as everything from an automatic starter at C to a 10-year All Pro at the position. We need a replacement for Kalil the Greater right now and Bradbury would be just the guy to do it. Read Bucky Brook's take on the guy who is moving up a lot of draft boards.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001020161/article/nfl-combine-winnerslosers-justice-hill-puts-on-a-brief-show

Bradbury could sneak into the top-10. Even at 16, I only take him if DE and SAF are off the board. Guy is going to be an instant plug n' play OL for a decade, but there are guys in the 2nd and maybe even early 3rd that have franchise potential. I'd rather get one of the DL or Thompson. Hard for me to take a C in R1. 

It always depends on who else is available but given the DL/edge rusher talent in this class and our massive need there and the highest positional value, the board would have to fall very unkindly for us for me to be happy with Bradbury at 16 and that would only be after vigorous efforts to find a partner to trade down. Centers almost never go as high as #16.

We have greater needs and frankly he doesnt fit our scheme as well as Jenkins does at 47. Most think Jenkins is better as a mauler and Bradbury as a zone blocker. Honestly, I'd rather sign Denver's Center so we can concentrate on DE, OT, OG and DT in the first 4 picks.

Just now, Soul Rebel said:

Bradbury could sneak into the top-10. Even at 16, I only take him if DE and SAF are off the board. Guy is going to be an instant plug n' play OL for a decade, but there are guys in the 2nd and maybe even early 3rd that have franchise potential. I'd rather get one of the DL or Thompson. Hard for me to take a C in R1. 

Has a center ever gone top 10?

2 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Yeah I'm not drafting a C in the 1st round.. That's a luxury pick when you have no other needs.. Which isn't us.. Ppl need to look at positional value when making opinions..

I can't necessarily agree that you can't draft a C in the first round. There have been some very good centers drafted in the first. That said, 16 is really high for a center. If we are that sold as a team on snagging him, trade down.

21 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I feel like one of the guys Dallas drafted or someone was a C/G coming in and went top-10....maybe I'm confusing it. San Diego.... Baltimore? I forget. 

I'm drinking at the airport, so maybe I made that up. haha.

The only interior OL in the last two decades or so that I can recall going top ten both went in the same draft a few years back. Johnathan Cooper and Chance Warmack. Both OGs, both busts.

5 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

It's okay, they laughed at me when I said CMC was going to be our first round draft pick two years ago.

Ppl knew we were looking at RB .. Whether it was Lenard or Cmac.. So I don't know why you're acting like Nostradamus.. Still a top 5 RB has more effect and positional value than a Center..

1 minute ago, Sub Zero said:

Ppl knew we were looking at RB .. Whether it was Lenard or Cmac.. So I don't know why you're acting like Nostradamus.. Still a top 5 RB has more effect and positional value than a Center..

Eh....not sure I would agree. RB's are getting to be a dime a dozen in the NFL anymore. 

Archived