• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess to Colts 1 Year 13 Million

Saca312

Funchess has a ton of potential and made a lot of plays of Carolina during his tenure here. 

With that being said, he is not worth $13M and will never live up to the expectations associated with that contract. He's a #2 possession receiver type. That's not a dig on him, but that's not the guys you pay $13M a year.

9 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Hes got some issues and no problem with me for moving on but any receiver with 800 yards and 8 TDs doesnt completely suck.

He's been at or near the top of the league in drop rate in three of his four seasons. Just because we didn't have any better options or we didn't play the better options doesn't mean Funchess sucks any less. 800 yards as the crowned #1 WR is straight trash.

On 3/11/2019 at 8:41 PM, stbugs said:

I just don’t get this. Since we have good deals for our top 3 WRs we should waste $5m?

I still think we are just using this deal to stash $5m while keeping our options open re Smith. We can get that $ back any time we need it, including whatever is remaining any point after the season starts. 

And this is the reason you don’t watch highlight tapes when judging a person.  Count how many times he is going to the ground with minimal contact.  He is the smallest big man in the league. Just wait till Indy sees him quit on half his routes 

I do wish him the best though.  I hope he pulls it together. 

Archived