• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seahawks looking to trade Frank Clark

Cheek

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Was there a complete regime change with the Seahawks like there was with the Raiders?

I mean.  if we are going to bring up details like that, then we shouldn't ignore the 20 mil/year raise Wilson just got.  The less than 10m cap space the Seahawks have.  And how Clark is refusing to sign his franchise tag, due to wanting a contract.

That doesn't point to off the field or locker room issues.

It points to a cash strapped Seahawks team that doesn't have enough room to pay a top tier EDGE right after giving a QB the biggest contract in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong.  I don't think we should trade for him either.  We aren't in position to pay him what he wants.  

5 hours ago, RenoCarolina said:

Since I don't get comparing Mack to Clark situations there is not much to add to that.   

My point is we shouldn't look at top tier talent being traded in a vacuum.  If we say "Seahawks are wanting to trade a 25 year old extremely talented DE, gee I wonder why", that is giving implication something is wrong with him.  While it ignores all the reasons you just listed.

Seahawks aren't wanting to trade Clark because something is wrong with Clark.  Seahawks are wanting to trade Clark for Seahawks reasons, which you listed.

6 hours ago, Waldo said:

Because the Raiders are a full on dumpster fire. They dont want to spend the money and they usually have high picks so they just keep on being a train wreck. What Gruden has done to that team is awful but then again Al Davis had some awful years.

Raiders will be better next year than the year before they hired Gruden.  Probably better than all but 1 year in their last 15 years of existence.  And that one year was more of a fluke than anything.

Raiders weren't getting better before they got Gruden.  They were already a dumpster fire.  They had 1 winning season from 2003 - 2017.  They have had an extremely positive off season ( obligatory off season superbowl champs quote here).

Traded for AB

Signed Tyrell Wiliams, Trent Brown, Lamarcus Joyner, Brandon Marshall, Isaiah Crowell JJ Nelson, Nevin Lawson.  Resigned Hankins, Harris, and Harris.

All while still keeping picks 4, 24, 27, 35, 107, 141, 220, 237.

We should not bail Seattle out! They got themselves in that mess, let them get their selves out... But I'm torn... When Free Agency started.... I had two in house Free Agents I wanted to resign(Reid and DWill), and two outside( Matt Paradis, and Frank Clark). So in Free Agency we would have upgraded our Center, OT, DE, and Safety significantly, Great start going into the draft, but with the salary cap we had, that was impossible... Right? Now Clark is on the Market... What are the odds... BACK TO REALITY... There is no way in helll we can sign him, to begin with it will take our first round pick( not happening). He'll want a contract minimum of 18 million per season. Furthermore Cam, and Bradberry are on contract years, and some of the other contracts are coming up soon. CMC for example.

8 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

My point is we shouldn't look at top tier talent being traded in a vacuum.  If we say "Seahawks are wanting to trade a 25 year old extremely talented DE, gee I wonder why", that is giving implication something is wrong with him.  While it ignores all the reasons you just listed.

Seahawks aren't wanting to trade Clark because something is wrong with Clark.  Seahawks are wanting to trade Clark for Seahawks reasons, which you listed.

You are correct.  But speaking of operating in a "vacuum",  it is also possible that in addition to  the reasons given that there could be locker room or general headache issues as well.    I read your original point as that aspect being unfair to Clark?  And I agree.  I have not followed his career well enough to be able to speak to that.  

Either way though a moot point, as most are pointing out, no way we trade our #1 AND give top $ at this point of the season.

8 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Raiders will be better next year than the year before they hired Gruden.  Probably better than all but 1 year in their last 15 years of existence.  And that one year was more of a fluke than anything.

Raiders weren't getting better before they got Gruden.  They were already a dumpster fire.  They had 1 winning season from 2003 - 2017.  They have had an extremely positive off season ( obligatory off season superbowl champs quote here).

Traded for AB

Signed Tyrell Wiliams, Trent Brown, Lamarcus Joyner, Brandon Marshall, Isaiah Crowell JJ Nelson, Nevin Lawson.  Resigned Hankins, Harris, and Harris.

All while still keeping picks 4, 24, 27, 35, 107, 141, 220, 237.

Gruden is the HC embodiment of disfunction. He is a control freak that makes continuously bad decisions. They will be exciting to watch but not because of good football. They were 4-12 last year so I dont have a clue what you are talking about being better, since the two years before were 12-4 and then 6-10, which is not an improvement.

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Gruden is the HC embodiment of disfunction. He is a control freak that makes continuously bad decisions. They will be exciting to watch but not because of good football. They were 4-12 last year so I dont have a clue what you are talking about being better, since the two years before were 12-4 and then 6-10, which is not an improvement.

The team had to be blown up.  It had no potential for success.  The 12-4 team was a fluke.

Gruden was able to get a long term contract.  He isn't operating like most coaches that have to win now or be fired.  And it shows in his long term planning.  

What continuous bad decisions has he made?  You could argue trading Mack was one.  But other than that I feel like most of his decisions were pretty sound.  Getting a 1st for Amari Cooper was insane.

I would be shocked if SEA would be willing to deal him to an NFC team especially one they have to play this year.  Unless, of course, they are really desperate to unload him, which ought to say something in and of itself.

28 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

The team had to be blown up.  It had no potential for success.  The 12-4 team was a fluke.

Gruden was able to get a long term contract.  He isn't operating like most coaches that have to win now or be fired.  And it shows in his long term planning.  

What continuous bad decisions has he made?  You could argue trading Mack was one.  But other than that I feel like most of his decisions were pretty sound.  Getting a 1st for Amari Cooper was insane.

It's a hype train. Last time Grueden coached and was fired he had 6 QBs and not one was worth starting. I belive in Oakland as much as I belive the Browns are turning a corner or that this is Jaxs year. Gruden runs an overcomplicated offense that never lives up to his expectations and is always the players fault. Guys that succeeded with Gruden? Dilfer and Gannon. He won with Dungy's team and completely deteriorated after that. Last year was a true representation of a Gruden team for them. Being good on paper and in April does not equal winning during the season.

Archived