• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers had Grier ahead of Kyler Murray and Daniel Jones

ncfan

2 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Read a theory that he's great at identifying Defensive talent because that's what he was constantly looking at as a QB - Reading defenses and scheming against them, being aware of their weaknesses, etc. Makes sense if you think of it that way. He might know how to be a successful, NFL QB, but doesn't really notice the little things in QB prospects because he never had to identify it from the outside. 

From what I can tell, he likes big mobile guys with big arms. Though those guys are far short on development and haven't shown an ability to develop in any way. I think Lock could've worked Year 1 in Kliff's offense but he's going to take 3 years, at least, to get to the point of starting on a Vic Fangio team. 

I'd say he's most likely going to be on the Jake Delhomme development path of backing up, backing up, and more backing up. If there was NFL Europa, I'd send him there. Dude just looks like he belongs on a Practice Squad. If he ends up starting, they could have the best defense and worst offense in the league. 

5 hours ago, SBiii said:

Jones now 25-for-30 w/ 0 INT's....

....still liking Grier more than Jones?

He said he gets the Grier over Jones ranking. I’m sure pre draft lots of people weren’t sure about Jones. That being said, Jones has gotten the opportunity to run with the ones and the twos. Grier goes out there with the threes. On top of that, none of our offensive lines in the preseason have protected our QBs. I’m not even a Grier fan but it would be nice to see him get to run with our top preseason team like Allen and see Allen run with the squad Grier normally gets. All in all, I don’t put stock into preseason. The Blake Bortles and Nathan Petermans of the world tend to look good in games that don’t matter. 

11 hours ago, Varking said:

He said he gets the Grier over Jones ranking. I’m sure pre draft lots of people weren’t sure about Jones. That being said, Jones has gotten the opportunity to run with the ones and the twos. Grier goes out there with the threes. On top of that, none of our offensive lines in the preseason have protected our QBs. I’m not even a Grier fan but it would be nice to see him get to run with our top preseason team like Allen and see Allen run with the squad Grier normally gets. All in all, I don’t put stock into preseason. The Blake Bortles and Nathan Petermans of the world tend to look good in games that don’t matter. 

I'm all for seeing Grier succeed.....super high quality kid.

That said, clearly Grier over Jones is a flawed position and had Jones still been available in Rnd 3 but Grier was taken, that would have been a mistake. 

On 4/29/2019 at 4:24 PM, ncfan said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/29/2019-draft-wrapup-dave-gettleman-giants-daniel-jones-josh-rosen-dolphins-trade?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=themmqb

"Speaking of long-held affections, the Panthers’ love for local kid Will Grier was well-documented. How much did they love him? I’m told he was the third-ranked quarterback on Carolina’s board, behind only Lock and Haskins."

That explains so much

Stidham looked great 

Archived