• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone want to buy 2 PSL'S

Squirrel

5 minutes ago, Paintballr said:

So 4,500 for two tickets for the season?

$2000 for 2 tickets for the season.

Another $2000 for the right to future season tickets. 

I just cant use them anymore and they are becoming a hassle for me.  Just looking for a fair value and to get them into the hands of fans that will enjoy them. 

I feel ya Squirrel.  I'm ready to give mine up too.  I put them on the exchange last season and didn't get the first bite.  My asking price was (still is) fair.  Games were fun in my late 20s and through my 30's, but now I'd rather stay at home and save the gas, parking and tailgating money.  I thought it would be a good investment, but with the glut of PSLs on the exchange, apparently buyers are looking for hardship cases where sellers are willing to practically give them away.  I've got too much money invested not to get a reasonable return on them.

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Does the exchange give you real information on sales which have actually taken place and been consummated?  Does the team itself continue to offer PSL's to the public?  Just curious. 

The Panthers do not re-purchase or offer a buy back on PSLs, so if a PSL owner wants to sell those seats it's either they find a buyer themselves or go through the exchange.  Yes, the team still offers PSLs, but with the deals on the exchange, buying them through the team would not be wise.  Most PSL owners are just looking to make a little return off the original purchase, like myself, which is still a few grand less than what the organization is selling comparable seats for.  

In other words, my PSLs are 15-years old this season, so why would I sell them for the amount I bought them at 15-years ago considering the organization is selling the same PSLs $4,500 more currently than I bought them for?  So if I'm asking less than the $4,500 per seat the team is asking, that should be a reasonable price...yet no bites.  Again, it seems buyers are looking for desperate folks offloading their PSLs.  I'm sure it happens, but it ain't EBay.

Yeah been out of nc for 10 years. Family has been buying season tickets but cant with the recent price increase. So just looking to unload without taking to big of a hit.  If I get no takers this time I'm just going to give them up next year.  Cost to much for what I initially paid for them. 

its a tough situation - the stadium seems pretty safe in the near term but eventually there will be a new one and the PSL will be worthless from what I understand about how these things work - other than I assume existing PSL owners would get first right of refusal to buy in any new stadium (spend MORE money to get seat licenses).

That being said I am pretty happy that Panthers fans can't get criticized for being in a taxpayer financed stadium and we all made the financial part work; the PSL program and its enthusiastic response was one of the reasons the Panthers were the slam dunk selection for expansion in the 90s.

A LOT of people just sell their tickets every year; I'm in the lower level and most of the people around me make money every year; some games are unsold but when teams with traveling fanbases come in they clean up. That part I hate! But for several years I regularly bought one guys pair of tickets for all the games at face value and it worked out great for both of us.

Good luck! 

If you were referring to me, If I'm selling my seats for LESS than what the organization is asking for the same seats, how is the price too high?  People are looking for a great deal, not remotely close to market value.  That doesn't mean my price is too high.  Yes, I have known several PSL owners to sell their seats.  Why does that matter?  Selling through the Exchange, there is a 10% fee.  Administrative cost I suppose for processing the sell.  Being a PSL owner has lost it's luster I suppose.  It's too easy to get tickets to games without having to buy the seats as well.

I also have 2 PSL's up for sale. Section 136, Panthers bench side, right in front of all the tv action, Cam celebrating td's, etc. The market is difficult but I've sold 2 before, same section, when my children grew up and left for college. I'm retired and it's just too much money for tickets every year. I'll be selling the game tickets if the PSL's don't sell. I'll be damned if I simply give up the seats to the organization. No, the market exchange gives you no information on what has sold only what is currently for sale.

39 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Based on the Panthers website face value in your section is $12,500/psl.

True "market value" is something between $0 and $12,500....I'm sure you can get something vs. turning them back into the team.

Have you guys looked at eBay?  There are a number of Panthers PSL's advertised...

For example, two (2) PSL's in section 111, row 13....face value is $25,000 on the Panthers website.  The advertised price is $17,000/psl but they are also accepting "offers".

Here's the rub, listing has been in place for 2 months.  In addition, in the "make offer" tab eBay indicates something along the lines of $12,750 might get a response from the seller....

Bottom line: if you really want to sell start at 60% of the advertised price on the Panthers website and be prepared to work lower from there.

Good luck.

My section the Panthers have listed at $3000 a seat. No way could I get that $1500 wont even be brake even for me but I'm willing to take a loss. I live out of state and the hassle isnt worth it to me anymore.  Reason I say I will be willing to give them back to the Panthers is I would rather do that then sell at anything below $2000 and pay the fees. just isnt with it imo. Plus I shall out $2000 every year for season tickets. 

I think a lot of people can't commit to a full season home schedule. While it might be a big hassle, I think I would probably consider selling them as individual game tickets. If you get a couple of hot games you can sell above face, that might offset some of the potential losses you take on some of the other games. 

Archived