• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone want to buy 2 PSL'S

Squirrel

12 hours ago, 45catfan said:

The Panthers do not re-purchase or offer a buy back on PSLs, so if a PSL owner wants to sell those seats it's either they find a buyer themselves or go through the exchange.  Yes, the team still offers PSLs, but with the deals on the exchange, buying them through the team would not be wise.  Most PSL owners are just looking to make a little return off the original purchase, like myself, which is still a few grand less than what the organization is selling comparable seats for.  

In other words, my PSLs are 15-years old this season, so why would I sell them for the amount I bought them at 15-years ago considering the organization is selling the same PSLs $4,500 more currently than I bought them for?  So if I'm asking less than the $4,500 per seat the team is asking, that should be a reasonable price...yet no bites.  Again, it seems buyers are looking for desperate folks offloading their PSLs.  I'm sure it happens, but it ain't EBay.

No one cares what you paid for them, and no one cares what the Panthers are selling them for. No one cares you’ve been ‘invested’ in them for 15 years, and a buyer doesn’t owe you anything for that. That’s not how it works and it does happen or you would be getting offers.

PSLs, like most things, aren’t an investment and the price from the panthers, or ‘brand new’ price doesn’t set the market in the least.

The market is set by what people are willing to pay and you’re asking too much. If you weren’t, they’d be sold.

So try and understand your potential customer market after realizing the above. People such as myself never understood ‘rights’ to seats when I can virtually buy seasons tickets, every season, anywhere in the stadium without PSLs. So what is the pros of PSLs? The same exact seats every season? Not having to go through the no much of a hassle of getting season tickets every season?

So, PSLs to me are for those with disposable income so much to the point they’re able to just get season tickets mailed to them and that’s that. That’s going to be some impressive disposable income. PSLs are also for business accounts who purchase them for clients and employees. Some of the people who bought PSLs are not these people.

You invested in PSLs for a team that has limited history, a stadium full of resellers in a city built on business. Meaning tickets in Charlotte are easily obtained. 

I appreciate PSL owners helping to build the stadium but again, this isn’t an investment and not something you’d make money on with this team, in this city. I’d enjoy the memories you’ve had and get something rather than nothing instead of trying to profit or make most your money back because that’s exactly what you bought. Sorry for the harsh truths.

I was able to get my PSLs after the Clausen season. Sec 532, got one seat for $600. It was a steal.

Unfortunately, getting married and having a child, plus several medical episodes made it so that I couldn't afford season tickets. I took a loan out after the 2015 season to try and hold on to them, but couldn't give them away during 2016. When it came time to renew, I looked at the chaos surrounding the team and just didn't trust the owner at the time.

Then we got a new owner.

I wish that I had kept it, but at the same time, one ticket in the upper deck for a venue 3.5hrs away (one way) along with all of the other time and money involved, it just didn't have any actual value for me. I tried to see if I could sell the PSL for $500, got nothing, and away it went.

The concept of market value is an extremely fickle thing. What most folks believe is the market value is their own personal value. Once I realized my personal value was the only actual value in the end, it made moving on easier.

25 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

So PSL's are comparable to time shares ?

Aside from multiple owners and credit influence, that’s a very good way to look at it;

not an investment

making your money back or a profit should not be expected and rarely happens

no real definition of ‘ownership’, no set time period of share (other than 1 season)

seasonal

owning just to say you ‘own it’

paying for fees/maintenance, which always outweighs cost

(a lot) more people selling than buying

purpose isn’t ownership or profit, it’s memories

9/10 costs money to ‘get out of’

Pretty damn close.

4 minutes ago, Icege said:

I was able to get my PSLs after the Clausen season. Sec 532, got one seat for $600. It was a steal.

Unfortunately, getting married and having a child, plus several medical episodes made it so that I couldn't afford season tickets. I took a loan out after the 2015 season to try and hold on to them, but couldn't give them away during 2016. When it came time to renew, I looked at the chaos surrounding the team and just didn't trust the owner at the time.

Then we got a new owner.

I wish that I had kept it, but at the same time, one ticket in the upper deck for a venue 3.5hrs away (one way) along with all of the other time and money involved, it just didn't have any actual value for me. I tried to see if I could sell the PSL for $500, got nothing, and away it went.

The concept of market value is an extremely fickle thing. What most folks believe is the market value is their own personal value. Once I realized my personal value was the only actual value in the end, it made moving on easier.

I am just curious as to why put $600 to a PSL instead of toward a season ticket?

1 hour ago, Lumps said:

No one cares what you paid for them, and no one cares what the Panthers are selling them for. No one cares you’ve been ‘invested’ in them for 15 years, and a buyer doesn’t owe you anything for that. That’s not how it works and it does happen or you would be getting offers.

PSLs, like most things, aren’t an investment and the price from the panthers, or ‘brand new’ price doesn’t set the market in the least.

The market is set by what people are willing to pay and you’re asking too much. If you weren’t, they’d be sold.

So try and understand your potential customer market after realizing the above. People such as myself never understood ‘rights’ to seats when I can virtually buy seasons tickets, every season, anywhere in the stadium without PSLs. So what is the pros of PSLs? The same exact seats every season? Not having to go through the no much of a hassle of getting season tickets every season?

So, PSLs to me are for those with disposable income so much to the point they’re able to just get season tickets mailed to them and that’s that. That’s going to be some impressive disposable income. PSLs are also for business accounts who purchase them for clients and employees. Some of the people who bought PSLs are not these people.

You invested in PSLs for a team that has limited history, a stadium full of resellers in a city built on business. Meaning tickets in Charlotte are easily obtained. 

I appreciate PSL owners helping to build the stadium but again, this isn’t an investment and not something you’d make money on with this team, in this city. I’d enjoy the memories you’ve had and get something rather than nothing instead of trying to profit or make most your money back because that’s exactly what you bought. Sorry for the harsh truths.

And this is why I would be willing to just let mine go back to the Panthers. I understand where you are coming from. But it would be a cold day in hell before I sell my season tickets to someone other than family.  

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Though I have had differences with OP in the past, I am sorry to see a fellow Panthers fan reduced to this.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks I'm just glad I can eat the cost if I have too.  I enjoyed the tickets when I lived in nc. If I stilled lived there I wouldn't be selling. 

52 minutes ago, Ramblin' Willie said:

My 4 club level PSL's have been for sale for 3 years.  Now asking 45% of retail value.  No takers.  The market for PSL"s sucks.

Amen. I got extremely lucky on mine. I bought 2 in 228 right before the 2013 season. Luckily, after I realized they were a money pit, I was able to sell them for a whopping $300 more than I had into them after the 2015 season. I got extremely lucky and found a buyer only 2 days after I posted them. I got 4 home playoff games on the cheap in those 3 seasons. I can't imagine trying to sell them now when excitement is down. 

3 hours ago, Squirrel said:

And this is why I would be willing to just let mine go back to the Panthers. I understand where you are coming from. But it would be a cold day in hell before I sell my season tickets to someone other than family.  

Any $ amount is > 0. 

Archived