• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kemba FA watch (Woj Bomb, Celtics are the front runner to sign per sources once opens sunday)

ncfan

15 hours ago, ncfan said:

Also Rick Bonnell was on WFNZ today.  Started off by saying he had some good sources within the league that texted him last night.  Telling him to "start preparing ourselves for a life after Kemba Hornets."  Sounding like the momentum for him to return is deflating 

And also we Just about traded Kemba last year to the Cavs (for that 1st).  But we wouldnt budge unless they took Batum and thats where the trade fell through.  Said the Cavs were willing to take on Marvin but we wouldn't make the trade unless now they took Batum

We couldve fugging started a rebuild last year. And taken one of our contracts.  But we wouldn't Budge Just Because they wouldn't take Batum.  Now we're about to lose Kemba for nothing and still have All of those contracts

I heard that, too. All I could do was shake my head.  Completely overplayed our hand. Pathetic.

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Woj bomb

About to be dark times here

I'd love if Kemba stayed, but Charlotte not just throwing the maximum amount of money they can at him from the word go is ironically the most fiscally responsible thing that they have done in years. Sure, you take egg on your face in not trading him at peak value and putting all of your eggs in re-signing him only for him to walk, but you give yourself a clear direction and this team needs that.

I have maintained that I would root for Kemba to get a title because he deserves one. Let me clarify that by saying, I will root for him to win a title at any team BUT Boston. I hate all those fans and all their teams. 

Don't do it, Kemba. I don't want to root actively against you.

11 hours ago, ncfan said:

This.

That pretty much seals it if true.  The only way we can give him that is if we go into the luxury tax.  And MJ has already has stated he will Not pay the luxery tax.

Its embarrassing.  This team couldve gotten something for him (a lottery pick) And gotten rid of a bigger contract (was reported today that Cavs wouldve taken Marvin off our hands for Kemba).  But we didnt accept.  Now we lose him for nothing.  Still handcuffed to those contracts.  With probably the worst roster in the league without him.  With the younger guys still a Long ways to go being groomed, including this years 1st rounder who theyve said will spend time in the G-league.  

This team is a dumpster fire right now

They have been a dumpster fire since Larry Bird’s group got screwed over when they had a better offer.

Bob Johnson was terrible and MJ is even worse.  Johnson seemed disinterested in the team and MJ is just a bad businessperson.  We have screwed up on drafts...overpaid for FA’s (when we can get them to come here)....and drastically overvalued our own mediocre talent with major contracts.

Certainly looks like they won’t resign him.  It sucks mostly because of the fact this team doesn’t appear to have a plan right now.  Seriously doubtful to me they can even pull of a rebuild in any coherent way.  Damn.

Archived