• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charleston Riot

WarHeel

35 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I'm in Hanahan, but usually stay home to watch the games with my kids.

@WarHeel - You might want to look at Hanahan, too. Its a great little bedroom community between Charleston and North Charleston. We've been here since '15 and love it.

Thanks! I’ve checked homes in that area as well and I’m open to it if the right one pops up. We are having a challenging time finding something that doesn’t require a lot of renovation and has a yard for our pups.

On 7/14/2019 at 1:44 PM, WarHeel said:

Right now we are looking at homes in the North Charleston and Summerville areas as I’ll be working in the latter.

Not that we mind a commute for a good spot.

I live in Charleston as well and traffic on 26 and 526 is a real problem and definitely consider your commute to work when deciding on an area to settle down.  There are so many nice areas in Charleston and likely close to where you work where you'll have a minimal commute.  

Don't discount Summerville and this is probably where you'll get the most bang for your buck and is a very "hot" area.  

I live in the Summerville area but work at BAH on Daniel Island. Summerville is a good spot if you like having some room to breathe but the commute can be poo. Thankfully I'm a fully remote dev but go into the office for some face time.

5 hours ago, Fox007 said:

I live in the Summerville area but work at BAH on Daniel Island. Summerville is a good spot if you like having some room to breathe but the commute can be poo. Thankfully I'm a fully remote dev but go into the office for some face time.

I’ve seen a lot of newer builds popping up in that area as well as apartments. Are there many remote areas in Summerville?

21 hours ago, WarHeel said:

I’ve seen a lot of newer builds popping up in that area as well as apartments. Are there many remote areas in Summerville?

Yea you can find it out in Knightsville for example. OFC like everything, things tend to be developing fast.

Another vote for Hanahan...if you're looking in the right area you can get a good amount of land, I sit on almost an acre right by the high school that we bought last year.

You are right though OP, we are renovating the crap out of it...

4 hours ago, jasonluckydog said:

I live in Charleston and I enjoy watching the games alone in my house so please everyone STFU when I'm watching football.  

Have a great day and if your a Yankee  and move to Charleston because you wanted to I don't like you go back. We have enough people here. 

I was born in Charleston so...

Archived