• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"It's only preseason" .... well...

Jeremy Igo

Winning or losing in the preseason is of little or no relevance. However, how you play in preseason is very relevant. That was the worst Panthers preseason performance in recent memory. I am hard pressed to believe that a good team can look that bad at any point in the season.

The Panthers looked completely overmatched in every facet of that football game. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I thought I saw Corn Elder in there early. I hope he isn’t the starter...

They were trying him at Nickel since we don’t have a slot/nickel decided yet. 

The DL/OLB’s were all starters. 

Bardberry and Jackson at corner. 

Reid and Boston Safetys.

They basically just picked on our weak point the entire time we had our starters out there minus one or two plays. Which we’re the backup ILB. 

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

They were trying him at Nickel since we don’t have a slot/nickel decided yet. 

The DL/OLB’s were all starters. 

Bardberry and Jackson at corner. 

Reid and Boston Safetys.

They basically just picked on our weak point the entire time we had our starters out there minus one or two plays. Which we’re the backup ILB. 

Is it just me or we never exploit the other teams weakness???

20 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

It was staters minus Luke/Shaq for the first quarter/a bit of the second quarter. 

That’s a big deal... that’s your quarterback of your defense and his counter part. If you noticed the bills were picking apart the middle of the field..... as if they had a game plan....

In a lot of our “good seasons” the 2nd game has always been terrible for whatever reason. Couldn’t say why.

I’ve seen the team become invigorated in the preseason and look lost in the preseason. It has absolutely correlated to our success that regular season.

However I’m honestly not that worried. There was a whole lot of backups out there tonight. We’ll see how it goes with the Pats 

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

It was staters minus Luke/Shaq for the first quarter/a bit of the second quarter. 

It shows you how important Luke and Shaq are to the team. The backups are a big drop off. Add in a few Dline backups plus the Starters playing together for the first time and this is what you get. I bet McDermott and the Bills wanted to win the preseason game more than we did. Or we would have played everyone like they did.

1 hour ago, JccOldTime23 said:

This. I don't get why anyone takes anything Mick Mixon says seriously. Dude literally opened last night's broadcast talking about the 2 teams "grinding on each other" during practice this week. He can't look away from Rivera's "ample chest" long enough to actually know what's going on.

I really enjoyed hearing his thoughts about Woodstock during an NFL broadcast. Also him being amazed and trying to explain Cam's hat. Mixon is a joke and I don't understand why Tepper allows him to represent us

Archived