• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm a Good Person and I smoke Weed

RenoCarolina

I’d wager a significant portion smoke weed on the team, including Cam and I really wouldn’t put it past Luke as an outdoorsy type of guy to smoke.

Long talks about you only get tested once a year for weed, the others are for PED’s. Weed is great as a painkiller and great for relaxation for some people. It should be noted that some have adverse reactions and most know if they do or not from experimenting when they’re younger. I agree about some strains being too much. Which is why if you open up shops and have experts tell you what kind of strain you’re getting it’s much better than a dealer just selling you whatever strain they have.

13 minutes ago, CatTower said:

The biggest reason I'm for marijuana is so that it is regulated.  Unregulated marijuana is dangerous because people don't know what they are putting into their bodies.

The biggest reason I'm against marijuana is because we don't know enough about it's psychoactive reactions.  There are a lot of mental ill people in this country that might have adverse reactions to marijuana.  

I would without a doubt, support CBD with low thc content(<5%) that is derived from the plant or hemp. 

High strength THC weed is something that needs to be more closely studied to determine what effects it has on the brain.

Being used by people for literally thousands of years isn't enough?

And I'm here to tell you that THC in and of itself is a poor indicator of the type and intensity of high that a strain is going to provide. I have some White Poison in the cabinet that is one of the chilliest most mellow smokes I've ever had and it's 25%+ THC. 

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My concern is that the owners will overplay their hand. They know the players want it almost certainly worse than they do so they'll be looking for some type of concession from the NFLPA.

I remember someone else documenting it a while ago, basically that the players don't want 18 games, the fans don't want 18 games, the owners are the only ones who have any interest whatsoever in 18 games, and of course it's solely about money. Player safety be damned.

I really really hope the players stand fast on that issue, more so than anything else.

its complete and utter bullsshit that it is illegal and a large % of the working class including me cannot partake in the evenings/ weekends

its fuging bullsshit

but i can come on here sshitfaced and go to work tomorrow

ive overcome a lot but holy sshit alcohol ruined my life for a good while and it was very transparent on here 

Legalize it, standardize the product, and make folks sign waivers saying any health related injuy coming from the consumption will not be the taxpayers responsibly. Just like cigarettes there are long term health issues.

Until it's legal, dont cry if you are arrested for it. It's not legal in most states.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I remember someone else documenting it a while ago, basically that the players don't want 18 games, the fans don't want 18 games, the owners are the only ones who have any interest whatsoever in 18 games, and of course it's solely about money. Player safety be damned.

I really really hope the players stand fast on that issue, more so than anything else.

Yeah, it's absolutely impossible to balance the player safety angle with an 18 game season. The suggestion of limiting individual players to 16 games per season might be the absolute dumbest football related idea I've ever heard.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, it's absolutely impossible to balance the player safety angle with an 18 game season. The suggestion of limiting individual players to 16 games per season might be the absolute dumbest football related idea I've ever heard.

Yeah, that was complete bullsh-t.

Whoever suggested that should be forced to wear a dunce cap in public.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

fug an 18 game season

records would be broke everywhere

Weed could do a lot to end the opioid dependence in this country. The medical benefits extend far beyond pain relief, especially for those with Parkinson's and other similar diseases and disorders.

Also the benefits of the hemp plant itself should have any environmentalist jumping through hoops to get it legalized. I read that 100 ares of hemp could be harvested 50 times in the same time it took for trees to be harvested, replanted and matured.What that could do for paper manufacturing alone would be dramatic.

Personal opinion only, but pot has been villianized by politicians with big pharma in their back pockets. Make people scared of the big bad pot plant and give them magic pills to cure all instead. It's a shame because pot can actually help people without so many of the debilitating side effects you read about with some of these drugs. Anal leakage is not a minor side effect no matter what the label says.

As someone who lives with chronic pain, I can tell you it is far more demotivating than smoking a little weed.

22 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Dont even, so its ok for mentally ill people to booze it up and beat the hell out of their partners and/or kids or drive and kill people, but a drug with calming effects which is much less intensive than being stupid drunk should not be allowed?

With calming effects *for some people.  Studies have shown a link between cannabis and psychosis.   It needs to be studied more in depth.

"A new study out of King's College London indicates that someone who uses marijuana every day is three times more likely to develop a psychotic disorder for the first time than someone who has never used it. And that's just for cannabis with less than 10 percent THC potency, the psychoactive compound in marijuana. Someone who uses marijuana daily with a THC concentration higher than 10 percent—what the kids call "skunk" weed—is nearly five times more likely to develop first-time psychosis. Schizophrenia and bipolar are psychotic disorders; hallucinations and delusions are often experienced during a psychotic episode."

https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/health/a26881316/marijuana-psychosis-psychotic-episode-from-weed/

Archived