• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm a Good Person and I smoke Weed

RenoCarolina

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Being used by people for literally thousands of years isn't enough?

And I'm here to tell you that THC in and of itself is a poor indicator of the type and intensity of high that a strain is going to provide. I have some White Poison in the cabinet that is one of the chilliest most mellow smokes I've ever had and it's 25%+ THC. 

its all about dem Cannabinoid's. Everyone here should google the endocannabinoid system.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Look again. Does the post you quoted say "weed"?

I read it before quoting you so no need for me to go back. You weren't being specific in the first place so it doesn't take away from my point.  

45 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I smoked a lot when I younger, many years ago.  

It should be treated the same as alcohol.  No reason not to other than history.

That being said, I can't help but laugh when I hear stories about how great things will be if they legalize it.  Or how big pharma is holding it back, (They would be the ones selling it).  It won't solve the national debt, nor cure dependence on stronger pain relievers.  Legalizing it will just make things easier for cops, and means the millions of people who do use it won't be criminals.  And their might be a little bit of a tax benefit from it.  

I did it a handful times and it was just never for me, smoke or edibles I just do not like the feeling at all. 

But I agree 100% should be treated same as alcohol. 

Educate and legalize. 

2 hours ago, RenoCarolina said:

This is something I would have scoffed at in the past but more studies are reaching the same conclusions.  Again the problem seems to stem from the high-potency strains.  Home-grown's alright with me.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/03/19/704948217/daily-marijuana-use-and-highly-potent-weed-linked-to-psychosis

The study found that those who used pot daily were three times more likely to have a psychotic episode compared with someone who never used the drug.

Those who started using cannabis at 15 or younger had a slightly more elevated risk than those who started using in later years.

Use of high-potency weed almost doubled the odds of having psychosis compared with someone who had never smoked weed, explains Di Forti.

And for those who used high-potency pot on a daily basis, the risk of psychosis was even greater — four times greater than those who had never used.

Weed is very bad for a developing brain...under age 25.  I have first hand knowledge and experience with my sons use....i always thought it was harmless but its not for young people who use daily. i'm for regulation because who knows what he was smoking...

so you go from a 1 in 23,000 chance of having a psychotic episode, to a 4 in 23,000 chance of having a psychotic episode.  wow.  hit me some more with your fake scare tactics.    

also, that under 25 developing brains is for males.  female brains are done a little quicker.  and daily use of any mind altering substance isn't great for a developing brain - however, like with all other meds, sometimes the benefits outweigh the risks for certain conditions. if your son was smoking that much it was probably self medicating something else.  for me it was the anxiety that comes with asd level 1 that i didn't know about - but still treat the same way, but with a crap load of working out thrown in too

26 minutes ago, Piff said:

I read it before quoting you so no need for me to go back. You weren't being specific in the first place so it doesn't take away from my point.  

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense.

Regardless, this is how I'd characterize this discussion:

Me: Duck walks into a bar and orders a beer. Bartender says, "That'll be five dollars." Duck responds, "Just put it on my bill."

Response: Ducks can't talk.

13 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Weed is very bad for a developing brain...under age 25.  I have first hand knowledge and experience with my sons use....i always thought it was harmless but its not for young people who use daily. i'm for regulation because who knows what he was smoking...

There is slow reaction time also especially when driving a vehicle at a young aged person using weed which probably one of the reasons some of the fatal accidents take place. Alcohol is another one of those things young people get into.

Archived