• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

calm down. the panthers will be fine.

Saca312

I expected us to lose this one going in. It's just the way that we lost that kills me. A couple better throws or one ball bounces our way and we could have beat them! Overall we looked pretty good though. Offensive line looked much better than expected. Defense was decent. Got good pressure and Shaq was doing a nice job filling in for Thomas Davis. I expect us to all feel a lot better after Thursday night.

I’ve seen us play better and lose. I’ve seen us play worse and win. This game was not a confidence builder, nor would it have been if we barley pulled out the W. 

The fact that it’s just 1 game, to me means it’s impossible to draw any hard line conclusions about the future, whether you’re taking the positive approach or the negative one. 

Lets see what happens on Thursday and then we can have a better idea of what we’re made of.

10 hours ago, PhillyB said:

lost a three point game against the NFC champs. people need to get a grip

Losing a 3 point game to the previous NFC champs with your D & special teams giving Jared Jack-off fits is pretty damn good. I'm proud of our guys, with the exception of DJ Moore. I'll give Cam a pass since his shoulder is not 100% healthy yet. 

I think the frustration is understandable after how much that game looked like a game from last season.

It's just so frustrating that this team can't go out there and have a competent passing day when it's so easy around the league for trash QBs and rookies to put in a workmanlike game for 300+.

2 hours ago, mc52beast said:

How many times did we say “it’s going to be fine” after the blowout loss against the Steelers last year.

Yeh, the mistakes that were made can be fixed. But it’s the same mistakes we keep seeing week after week and season after season.

We didn't get blown out though. We lost by a FG. Our defense played great considering they were constantly on the field and in quick change situations, on the hottest Sunday of the season. Our special teams blocked a punt AND recovered it. Our secondary played really well together, 24 got in INT. 

We got some really sketchy calls from the Refs, and our QB was rusty after coming back from surgery and snap counts in the off season. The only inexcusable one is DJ Moore. I don't know why this kid keeps fumbling the damn ball, but he had one of the highest YAC averages in the NFL last year, so I think the net will be positive. 

The headset thing was weird, but poo happens. If it happens again, you replace the equipment manager. 

This game was the exact opposite of last year's where we won, but saw a lot of reasons for concern. Yesterday we lost, but I see a lot of reasons for optimism. 

2 hours ago, mc52beast said:

How many times did we say “it’s going to be fine” after the blowout loss against the Steelers last year.

Yeh, the mistakes that were made can be fixed. But it’s the same mistakes we keep seeing week after week and season after season.

A lot. But like you said, a "blowout loss"...to a team that crumbled at the end of season like us. Losing 30-27 to last season's SB contenders is totally different.

Rivera sucks. I don't know how you watch the Panthers for the last 8 years and think he doesn't. Team doesn't seem prepared and he never knows how to adjust his game plan when the opposing coach changes theirs. Rivera sucks, he ins't very good, he is too conservative, the offensive play calling was too conservative and once again it cost the Panthers in a one score game. Rivera likes one score games, he thinks you should execute every play perfectly and win 13-10...he is an idiot. 

10 hours ago, ellis said:

Even I think they’ll be fine, and I’m the least “relax folks it’s all gonna be great” guy on the planet. 

That said, I’ll never not offer honest analysis on bad football. There was a little too much bad, unforced error-prone football today. 

Our Head Coach isn't good. This has been his MO for 8 years, going on 9. Also, he pairs that with being too conservative lol. Norv calling the game like a coward too. I just don't understand it. You can't coach conservatively and waste timeouts against a coach like Sean McVay. Rivera is not good.

Archived