• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching matters. Take a look and find out why.

ellis

31 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Love knowing I’m always in your head, babe ;)

You’re pretty sassy for a 60-something year old...it turns me on a little. Not as much as Sean Payton’s coaching weirdly turns you on, but I can certainly work with this!

You're not that important, dude.

Good for a chuckle occasionally, like here :)

12 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I'm beginning to suspect that the Loyal Order of He-Man Rivera Lovers are starting to get a little nervous.

Honestly I don't care if Rivera stays or goes, I just want to win. If there are guys out there better, then bring them in. I just hate to bring in unproven guys who take sometimes years to learn their job like Rivera did when he got here. If we bring in someone I hope they are proven entities who can win right away, not years down the road 

35 minutes ago, ellis said:

I know we all feel better about things because David Tepper says he likes analytics. And I know everybody got warm and fuzzy after watching the Amazon show, and I know people love when Ron gets loud!!!!

The NFL season never really stops. One season helps to set the stage for another. I’ve been told that I am not allowed to underscore the fact that Carolina has now lost eight of nine, because last year doesn’t matter anymore.

It all matters. What this team does now, it will matter the second half of the season. What they do at the end of this year, it will have a key impact on the beginning of next year. The team isn’t that great, the coaching isn’t that great, and the analytics? Analytics? 

So this post is not so much a reaction about a three point loss. The team quite literally hasn’t won a meaningful game since November 4 of last year. You’re getting into a 2001/2010 type of territory there. 

I saw where people went nuts over Rivera yelling and screaming. That was a tad surreal.

It was clear to me that McVay outcoached Rivera. Yes, that’s my opinion. I laid out an example of it, there were other examples within the thread on Twitter. I’m sorry to some who don’t appreciate the twist I try to put on my work. It doesn’t bother me that you disagree with that. I honestly posted this here to shed a little light. My mom is in the hospital, so most of my attention is going to that end of things right now. Don’t need your pity, not looking for attention, just trying to keep things in perspective here. Ron is a good coach, and a good man. Sunday wasn’t his best day. 

By the way, a journalist is allowed to have an opinion. The modern journalist is encouraged to have an opinion, in the context of an appropriate forum. I’m not writing a report for the New York Times here. Had I been asked to do that, sure, it would’ve been pure reporting. I don’t do a lot of reporting, I mostly do analysis. Analysis should be colorful, descriptive, honest, accurate. And opinions can be included, because some of what we’re analyzing can be very subjective. I’m sorry that it didn’t sit well with you. Might just not be what you need to consume. 

Just now, panthers55 said:

Honestly I don't care if Rivera stays or goes, I just want to win. If there are guys out there better, then bring them in. I just hate to bring in unproven guys who take sometimes years to learn their job like Rivera did when he got here. If we bring in someone I hope they are proven entities who can win right away, not years down the road 

I have said it before, several times...

If I'm choosing between a guy I don't know is good enough and a guy who I know isn't, I'll take the first guy every time.

1 minute ago, ellis said:

It was clear to me that McVay outcoached Rivera. Yes, that’s my opinion. I laid out an example of it, there were other examples within the thread on Twitter. I’m sorry to some who don’t appreciate the twist I try to put on my work. It doesn’t bother me that you disagree with that. I honestly posted this here to shed a little light. My mom is in the hospital, so most of my attention is going to that end of things right now. Don’t need your pity, not looking for attention, just trying to keep things in perspective here. Ron is a good coach, and a good man. Sunday wasn’t his best day.

Your analysis is fine.

Best wishes, dude. I've been there.

15 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

On top of the fact that Turner is upstairs in the box and is not and cannot be in any way responsible for substitutions anyway.

Rivera isn't responsible for substitutions either. His defensive staff substitute their respective units based on the gameplan or scheme called 

3 minutes ago, ellis said:

You bring quality content and analysis to the board. Thank you and good luck with the family situation.

Archived